2023/24 All-American Awards

Not sure when the real all American lists come out but this one is Jeff Borzello’s fromESPN.

6 Likes

So far the couple media AA lists I’ve seen all have Shead on it. :crossed_fingers:

8 Likes

@Hill ive seen consistently Edey, Knecht, Shead, Rj Davis

Those 4 seem like locks :lock:

Then the 5th is either:

*Tristen Newton (UCONN)
*Caleb Love (Arizona)
*Tyler Kolek (Marquette)

1 Like

Kolek’s injury will keep him off the 1st team.

DISNEY BUNDLE

2 Likes

It’s amazing what a conference change can do for the perception of our players. I hope that we have some real Heisman contenders in the near future on the football side too.

3 Likes

Sporting News has released theirs

8 Likes

What makes a consensus AA?

2 Likes

Interesting. So there are always consensus all Americans every year.

When is the last time that we had a first team all american?

Last year. Marcus was a first team

7 Likes

Was Sasser first team or second team?

First team.

2 Likes

What publication is that?

Marcus was 1st team in every publication except Sporting News (where he was 2nd team).

3 Likes

https://247sports.com/longformarticle/college-basketball-all-america-team-zach-edey-dalton-knecht-north-carolina-duke-blue-devils-228549223/#2384295

3 Likes

2nd team

Highlighting his stats vs depaul :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Filed of 68, TSN, ESPN’s lists are all the same for first team so it’s looking like a consensus pick. I think Gottlieb was saying Kolek possibly over Shead but he said Shead is a solid pick.

Other than that, I’m not seeing any talking heads argue against Shead. I think his EvanMiya ranking being so high is driving the argument that 20ppg isn’t the only metric they should be looking at.

Mateen Cleaves made second team in 99-00 and he was a lot like Shead. Shead is a much better defender though so that is why he’s a consensus first teamer. Having back-to-back guards make the first team plus the success of Gray, Davis, and Grimes just makes us a top destination for guards that want to play here.

Good time to be a Coog fan.

5 Likes

2 straight 1st team All Americans! Congrats to Shead!

https://x.com/coachsampsonuh/status/1770122992573419541?s=46&t=QaTBQ_PFQ7gLVOFwqBKG5Q

13 Likes