2023-24 Houston Cougars Basketball Season

I mean, I don’t think they could have been more obvious about that.

I need some of those unbeatable Etonics

1 Like

Well I think it’s a Rockets jersey.

Sorry, I wasn’t trying to be sassy and it probably sounded that way. I think the Rockets are doing a Phi Slama Jama throwback w Hakeem and the reference to the Tallest Fraternity.

2 Likes

Anyone wanna bet Zona reported it?

Yeah, otherwise it seems random for them to have radio clips of Phi Slama Jama with Hakeem?

National folks starting to take notice of the freshman we’ve all been raving about heading into this season :sunglasses:!!!

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1719700831182926206

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/TheFieldOf68/status/1719712485270319477

1 Like

A lot of analysts are banking on TA breakout year and Francis development for ranking us top 10. I hope they are correct. I have more faith in TA but I don’t know if he will be starting caliber.

I’m just happy Francis had 0 fouls in 16 minutes against Pembroke. He missed a lot of rebounds but at least he didn’t foul too.

3 Likes

He needs to focus on just dunking the ball and creating space by being a lob threat. Instead of constantly trying to post up. He is so gifted physically but he just doesn’t know how to use his gifts. He keeps getting better every year. I just don’t know if he’s ready to start in big 12. He would be an amazing backup. But I think he can do the same things Brison and Reggie did for us. But being a lob threat and elite shot blocker

3 Likes

He’s so long and can jump up quickly for his size. He should be a lob threat. I thought he’d be one by now.

1 Like

It doesn’t help that Shead is a terrible lob passer. I love Shead and he’s a very good overall passer. But he really struggles throwing accurate lobs for some reason.

We’ll see about these appeals. But so far regarding transfer waivers:

*RaeQuan Battle (West Virginia) :x:
*Aziz Bandaogo (Cincinnati) :x:
*Jamille Reynolds (Cincinnati) :x:
*Jaylon Tyson (Cal) :x:
*Jalen Cook (LSU) :x:

Moussa Cisse (Ole Miss), Brandon Murray (Ole Miss)…not looking good

Kelvin and Co looking pretty smart for not taking one of these second time transfers. They must have known it would go this way.

4 Likes

Okay, Clyde Drexler never played for the Rockets. Olajuwon yesterday and now Drexler? And the video mentions the Cougars. Something is going on tomorrow at UH, I think.

https://x.com/HoustonRockets/status/1719738834198335541?s=20

Edit: I remember now Drexler did play fir the Rockets.

The Dream tweet was from September, if we are talking about the same thing.

Also, Clyde never played for the rockets? News to me

2 Likes

You need to look at my post from yesterday above with the Rockets link. About 19 post up.

Was it all just a dream?!? I could have sworn I was in the world’s longest traffic jam* on Richmond Ave, hoisting a broom and high fiving every son of a birch in the city!

(*world’s longest traffic jam before Hurricane Rita, that is)

13 Likes

Oh yes I remember now. He was traded to the Rockets from Portland to help win the Rockets second NBA championship.

1 Like