2023-24 Houston Cougars Basketball Season

What do you guys think?

1 Like

:eyes::eyes::eyes:

I’ll wait. I think we’re landing one more player via portal. Can’t let Roberts get worn down like this past season. He needs help up front; someone who is ready to contribute.

6 Likes

Tugler could surprise. After that Francis better have a great off season with Lath and McFarland hustling for bench minutes.
I think our starting lineup is already set

1 Like

as of now i think: Shead, Cryer, Dunn, Roberts, Francis or Shead, Cryer, Dunn, Arceneaux, Roberts.

2 Likes

Starting 4 isn’t here yet.

1 Like

Shead at the point, Cryer and Dunn at the wings. Francis and Roberts as your bigs. Those are your starters. Cryer is your backup point. Sharpe your sixth man. Walker as a backup wing. Any combo of Tugler, McFarland and Lath as your two backup bigs. That’s a solid 9 man rotation with M. Wilson and C Jefferson as guard depth. And as pointed out earlier, maybe Walker leaves for a stretch 4 and Jefferson or Wilson gets that playing time? In all we’re looking much better than we were shortly after the season ended.

@bigmccoog you really want to start a guard at 4, TA ???

:hushed::hushed::hushed:

I totally forgot about T Arceneaux. He’s definitely in the mix.

Arceneaux is going to start somewhere or he might come off the bench for a short while.
Great problem to have.
It will be interesting to see who else leaves through portal.

1 Like

Play off those two and you become this past season Baylor :writing_hand:

Hes going to have to earn it first. He has big time potential.

No I just want to start Arceneaux

2 Likes

Everyone is going to have to earn it.

1 Like

Because of his length, ath & defense i get it.

1 Like

Nah, Shead is starting pg if he comes back. LJ is a shoe in at SG, papi.

4 Likes

If we bring in a PF from the portal and J’wan starts at center it’s possible Francis overtakes him mid season

I’m hoping to see a big jump in both of their play this season. Francis can average a solid 10, 8 boards, maybe a block or two and a steal. Roberts can up his game to 15 and 12 if he improves his footwork. That would help his low post game. Also needs to develop a midrange jumper.

2 Likes

Wait until the team is complete

5 Likes

4 starters are pretty much set

I just hope next season we are back to coming at teams in waves with TA, Sharp and whoever else is coming off the bench.

2 Likes

Someone has to leave before we can bring in a big.
Seems like the bigs aren’t in a hurry to transfer here.