2023 MLB Draft

I’m really excited to see what Jeron Williams is about….think he has the skill set to surprise.

Fast is handy w new steal rules.
Ohio HS then Toledo w short seasons should have upside w full time work.
MAC stinks is his downside.

MACtion has been good to 'Stros.
(Bill Doran) “Drafted by the Astros in the sixth round in 1979 out of Miami University (Ohio)”
https://www.mlb.com/news/bill-doran-bill-brown-elected-to-astros-hall-of-fame

Stros

1 Like

Did you see if Porter Brown signed anywhere?

I am shocked he was not drafted……unless he said “ I’m done with baseball, I’m going to be a dr.”( wicked smart kid) I just don’t get it.

1 Like

This Porter brown? Going back to texas.
https://twitter.com/PorterBrown_27/status/1679534657233117201?s=20

2 Likes

Yes , thank you.

Thought this was his last year of eligibility….

Appreciate it.

We have a lot of “experts” that talk about how weak the Astros system is….and I have no delusions about it being top ten or even close.

IMO/ the talent in AAA is lacking….in AA and A+ there is some real talent….talent that will produce some good big leaguers….
Low A ball is pretty bare but there are some rally talented guy at the complex.
This is my take before the draft….with the draft over we will see who really shows up in “ A” ball.

I would say the minor league system is somewhere between #20-25….not #30-32.

Also, I wanted to show you guys this….I mean year in year out the farm is terrible right?

I’ll leave this here….

1 Like

That is because nobody sends their best prospects to AAA anymore. If they are really good then they go to high A, Double A, and then to MLB.

I really like Porter Brown, but it is ridiculous that players are still getting Covid years. It is time to move on!

That’s not why they dont have much talent at AAA.

Often times there is more talent at AA than AAA and I explained how and why not to long ago to someone on the board….( I’m guessing that is what you meant)

But, we are just thin up top right now….it will change in another year or two.

Teams that are flush with talent in the minors have wave after wave ready to roll….we are more sporadic but the cabinet is not as bare as the “experts” like to say.

From comments on that tweet.

1 Like

I honestly don’t know anything about the Astros farm system. I am just speaking in general.

1 Like

I know you know baseball.

I just wanted let you know I was not trying to be condescending towards you…

Thank you for showing this Sampson.

Obviously not a “direct” reflection of talent within organizations when it comes to “rankings”….but it looks like we know who develops and gets the most out of their farm system……but yeah, let’s go with the National narrative that we have no farm.

1 Like

I know. I didn’t take it that way.

1 Like

You mean the Chandler Rome narrative. That little punk trashes the farm system every chance he gets.
He’s the little frat boy that never played sports but dazzled everyone at beer parties with his anecdotal comments about baseball. This tells you The Athletic is not the Mt Olympus of sports coverage.

1 Like

The Pirates paid Skenes a $9.2MM signing bonus.

SNL gif. Chris Farley in the Schmitts Gay Beer sketch lifts the sunglass portion of his double lenses in stunned surprise.

1 Like

And it was below slot

Zach Arnold signed with the Phillies for $150.00k.

1 Like

$150 bucks?

I kid I kid.

1 Like

All but 15th & 19th are signed.

"Stros must love these 2.

1 Like