2023 NCAA Tournament thread

Of their 8 entries, 5 have lost already, 1 is trailing by 10 against Bama, and 2 are waiting to lose tomorrow. Chalk doesn’t mean squat, several of those teams should not have been selected over some mid major teams or even lower rated teams.

I really want Indiana to win. As Jo has pointed out, they’re not athletic enough to handle what we would to grow at them. Someone, or more likely several, would have to really step up. It wouldn’t be Jackson-Davis

I really hope we somehow get Alabama again. What a fun game that would be.

3 Likes

They also had 3 in the NIT and two of them have already lost. It is very possible that come Sunday night, all B1G schools will have lost in the post season.

2 Likes

I despise Indiana. I don’t know why. The state is awful, though. Just depressing. I did like that photo shoot Marian Carey did in the barn years ago. It was cold that day

When does Memphis play Purdue in the consultation bracket?

6 Likes

They should have a vandalism tourney.

That would be for NC

Indeed. Don’t want to think too far ahead. I’ll get focused on Friday, tomorrow.

3 Likes

Miami or Indiana

There goes another B1G school.

Down to 2.

2 Likes

Maryland loss sends them to what, 3/24 in terms of sending teams to the S16 since 2021?

Not even having most of them being 7-11 seeds should excuse a ratio that bad imo. Next season the committee needs to give them a hard cap of 7 bids a year until they do something worthwhile in the dance.

1 Like

Somebody check on Katz.

I don’t really pay attention to him much during the season. But going to have just completely remove him from my basketball discussion playlist.

2 Likes

Katz is a tool. The same arrogant northeastern know-it-all as the rest of them.

1 Like

Takeaways from Saturday’s NCAA Tournament games

1 Like

Not fun for my blood pressure

1 Like

Maybe in the end the big10 schools are kinda warm-up games to get everyone else going — committee doing the entire rest of the field (sans MW) a favor by giving them powder puff 10s to start. At this point it’s just a tradition, like opening pitch.

3 Likes

After how December’s game went against them I hope Baylor upsets them and we face Baylor to avenge 2021.

1 Like

i do think surviving the tougher games gets you better prepared

Down to two teams already. We might have an opportunity to end the Big 10s season in the S16!