2023 Record Predictions

Stahp it… We’re coming out of the gates with our hair on fire!!!

10 wins… You heard it here first! Lol

Hey the admin apparently feel the same way as many of us do. Remember that they set expectations for us that the initial few years in the Big 12 will be transitional and thus we likely won’t be too good, at least not record wise.

I think 6-6 is our ceiling in this first year. Hope to win all the non-conference games (though UTSA and Rice will both play us tough, no doubt). Then we have a good shot at teams like WVU, Cincy, OK St (seem to be on a downward trend), and UCF. Maybe we win three out of those four to get bowl eligible.

The Frogs have a lot to replace, and I know the team and fans will be up for UT, but either win would be a huge upset.

Tech has owned us, and they’ll bring back a ton. I wouldn’t predict a win in Lubbock.

K St in Manhattan will be a tougher game than any we played in the past five years.

Baylor wasn’t strong this past season, and I expect this one to be close, but I’m not confident a 7-win AAC team like us is ready to win on the road yet against a team that’s been in the Big 12 battlefield for years.

So I think our floor is 3-9, and ceiling is 6-6. If we win more than 6, we’re a whole lot better than I think we are, and Dana’s a better coach than I gave him credit for.

2 Likes

I came to post the exact same prediction. I think the biggest variable will be injuries. If we have just as many, 6-6 will probably be the ceiling. Also never know when you catch another team on a bad injury wave.

I think the schedule is really favorable. Get 5 home games, including 3 toss up games at home. No road trips up north late in the year, Thursday night after bye week.

2 Likes

I see three keys during the early part of the season.

1. How well the starting QB develops and performs.
  2. How well the OL develops to protect the QB and create running lanes for our RBs.
  3. Eliminate offensive turnovers and win the turnover battle on defense.

Having a mobile QB can help a struggling OL. I am anxious to see it all play out.

Now that we are wearing the B12 patch on our uniforms, we need to come out every game with our hair on fire wanting to prove that we belong with the big boys.

1 Like