2023 Recruiting

It’s not guaranteed but they been pretty accurate in my experience. There also could be some surprises like the RB today who’s rated an 86 on their website

2 Likes

CoachV seems confident there might be some nice surprises by some local kids. So we will see how it shakes out

1 Like

My question is how many are we going to take, transfer portal has changed the game for hs

https://247sports.com/player/jalyn-stanford-46117315/
Crystal Ball prediction for UH was put in today! 86 rated, a lot of big time schools after him

4 Likes

When do the new 247 rankings come out? Only 1 of our players are “ranked” on 247 as of now

247 is so far behind man. They still dont have transfer rankings on most of our big time 22 transfers which is why we didnt finish like top 10 on that list.

Just a reminder. 3 of our biggest recruits last year in Golden, Hunter, and Nelson were all planning to attend school somewhere else this time last year.

5 Likes

https://247sports.com/player/zalance-heard-46116355/

4 Likes

Then Funk came in and did what all good “bag men” do….he delivered.

Hopefully this year’s bag will be even bigger!

https://twitter.com/courtneyhelom/status/1542170204037419009?s=21&t=qGA0y_IRIfm4cEEHNWEiRQ
Maybe this tweet is related to this crystal ball

Tank Dell’s rating would have drug our rating down. You would have complained about that one.
Clayton Tune was named top QB in Texas. You would have complained about his rating.
Tune wasn’t Dana’s but he thought enough of him to develop him, even after a rough start.
Dell wasn’t rated high but our staff saw something in him they liked.
If our staff’s rating system tells them to offer and accept the offer from certain kids that don’t ring your bell, I am cool with that.

3 Likes

Not a valid comparison.

Those were AAC recruits and CDH did a great job developing them…as UH has done with many players. Turned 2 stars into NFL first rounders.

With that being said, we are a P5 now…our recruiting leverage just got significantly better.

While I do NOT think we end up #93 when the dust settles, i do think it is fair to ask the question IF we are in the 80/90 ranges when it is all said and done:

Why are we being outrecruited by 20-30 G5 programs? There are what 69 P5s+ ND.

Not expecting top 10 but i am expecting a plan to put us in position to win a National Championship…that takes depth…and the schools that rank top 20 consistently usually have the most depth to endure a P5 schedule are title contenders.

Not rocket science.

And YES we absolutely can win a National Chsmpionship in football!

2 Likes

It is a valid comparison. An extremely accurate comparison.

How is recruiting as a G5 comparable to recruiting as a P5?

Not a valid comparison at all!

If so, this P5 recruiting boost we were expecting was an illusion.

I don’t believe that…i still think we end up top 40 this year…our first year recruiting a P5 class for next season.

How is a strawman argument not a real argument?

I give up…we have no recruiting andvantage now over ECU/Tulane/SMU/USF/etc.

I got a feeling we will flip a lot of guys in December. Don’t even think we’ve had guys on OVs yet while schools like Tech Baylor & UT already have. After those OVs is when guys commit.

That is some SERIOUS defensive talent, Kmoney! Good to read this…

1 Like

Maybe as many as 5 local DBs still to come.

Lot of talent in 2023 on the defensive side

4 Likes

Need to be loading up on DL and Secondary play in this class.

And you always need to take 4 or 5 OL in each class.