2023 Transfer Portal

Lol…

I noticed the limp as well. Without Shead we’d be down to Mark handling the PG duties. It goes without saying, he’s the most valuable player outside of Sasser moving forward. Without Sasser it’s a tough out. Without Shead we lose for sure.

Appreciate it KM. I enjoy your takes on this board.

1 Like

UCF guard, went to HS in Dallas

2 Likes

ucf is STILL playing in the NIT

That doesn’t stop folks this year at all.

Did he hit the portal? And I would 100% take him, he is very efficient and can hit FTs! We would get him in the weight room and turn him into a beast. I believe he has 2 years left as well. He shot some 3s this year too, wasn’t great at it but he showed he can stretch the floor a little bit. Our defense would be insane with him on the floor. He averaged 2 blocks a game last year. 1.5 this year in only 17 minutes which is insane. He does a lot for how little he plays.

2 Likes

Don’t think he hit it yet but word is he will be at some point.

Hauser from MSU was impressive( surprised me with his athleticism) Doubt he is going anywhere but a stretch 4 similar to him would be a great add IMO.

I think Sharp will have a great year in 23-24’ but it’s obvious we need some guys that can really shoot the three ball but still play defense to UH standards.

4 Likes

If he hits I definitely expect us to contact him

1 Like

The problem with that is we are kinda stuck. If Ramon stays I don’t know where the spots are? Shead, mark, TA, Wilson, Ramon, Sharp, KJ 5 of the 6 aren’t great shooters. Then you have Roberts, Franics, Ced, McFarland, JoJo. None of them can shoot the 3. We can add 1 guard and 1 big. We already have a 6 guard rotation, what are the odds Sampson even brings in another guard? It’s hard to find shooting bigs. We might just have to bank on guys becoming better shooters next year or it can be ugly from the outside

1 Like

I expect Shead to heavily focus on his 3 this off-season. The Galen jump was great, but Shead’s will be better.

1 Like

You’re right.

I guess we just have to see how the off-season plays out.
I’m not going to hope that a kid will leave so if RW stays I hope he gets everything together on and off the court so he can be a real contributor next season.

If a big that can really fill it up from the perimeter hits the portal we gotta give him the full court press.

I’ll never doubt CKS about anything, especially roster construction….but I think he and his staff are probably thinking along the same lines.

1 Like

How about several guards that aren’t going to sit out a year or redshirt. You know, just hypothetically if our guard depth goes to crap because of injuries. I feel like I’ve heard that before.

1 Like

I’ve got mixed feelings on him. I liked him last year when he played, and he definitely is talented with upside. I’ve been kind of disappointed in his play this year, and didn’t he lose time to a freshman? Maybe he’s seen our culture up close and realizes what it takes for him to get to a higher level of play. Situation sounds somewhat similar to Josh at UConn, but Shedrick can do more things

2 Likes

I look at different guys and wonder about them coming here but then reality kicks in and I remember all players don’t fit the Coog culture that CKS has built here. If he really wants a guy, then so do I; but I don’t know who he really wants. A culture disrupter is not acceptable regardless of how good he is.

I think several players/parents/handlers are seeing that if you come to Houston you are going to work harder than you ever have before….but if you buy in and allow yourself to be coached you will be thankful you did.

We have several guys making money right now playing basketball for a living.

5 Likes

For me give me a great offense of player coach can mold into a decent defender. All you need is good athleticism for that to happened under CKS. What CKS can’t do is make a bad shooter into a good one.

Not every player has to be a great defender when you may sacrifice shooting/offense!!!

I think the offense could use to be tinkered with a little, too!

2 Likes

Being good on defense is wanting to be good on defense

2 Likes

Not if you have slow feet/lack any type of athleticism under CKS.

2 Likes

Well you use your strengths to be good on defense