2023 Transfer Portal

So much this…

We need good, consistent snipers…BADLY.

@Pollardsvision when I said what are the chances Sampson looks to add another guard, I guess the answer is high?:joy: unless these players aren’t being honest that’s the 2nd guard that we have been “contacting” so either the writing is on the wall for Ramon or Sampson is just looking to upgrade. But 7 active guards on the team is very hard to facilitate. Maybe somebody we aren’t thinking of is trying to go pro or transfer out :man_shrugging:t5: speculation speculation

2 Likes

You got trolled, mijo!

1 Like

Amaree Abram :eyes:

Houston kid!

Is more of a SG than PG but can bring up the ball. Should get much better like TA :writing_hand:

Bring a forward who can stretch the floor. Doesn’t have to be Walker but someone with a similar tool box :wrench:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Kjpistons/status/1634675419700928512

2 Likes

We already have our 5 man rotation at the guard position.

The front court, I believe, will add one through the portal.

2 Likes

We’ll see :sunglasses::writing_hand:

Yeah, not sure what’s up with that?

We already have a plethora of guards next year. Obviously pure speculation but maybe someone leaves that no one knows about , like you said.
Seems odd that a kid would just flat out lie about being contacted.

Again, all speculation but I hope it’s not one of our guys in the rotation( next year) that has decided to enter the draft.

1 Like

True. We don’t know who exactly is returning until the season is over.

Still have to see what Ramon Walker does and who returns or leaves if UH wins the chip!

1 Like

It makes them look more attractive, and who’s going to call them out for n it? Closest to that is Kelvin saying repeatedly that just because you see us linked with a player means we’re recruiting them

2 Likes

Zach Hicks, Temple forward, is also to be hitting the portal

Made 80 threes this season (35.6% from 3pt)

1 Like

The Ole Miss kid looks legit…wonder why the transfer?

He could lead that team and help them get better….

Really like the guard from Florida Atlantic….not that he’s hitting the portal but seems when kids shine on the big stage they like to move on……

2 Likes

Maybe team is not a priority for him?

1 Like

New coaching staff

2 Likes

Which guard is out of the rotation next year?

1 Like

At this point Walker and Jefferson

Shead, Mark, TA, Sharp, and Wilson.

But I think we can go small and play small ball with TA at the 4.

So. Still have a little wiggle room to bring in one more guard.

And then a stretch 4.

And the portal guard is just a luxury. Give me the stretch 4, though. With hopefully more improvement in the offseason for Ja’Vier. And Tugler should get some run.

Shead
Mark
TA
Portal Big
Roberts

Sixth man: Sharp
Wilson
Francis
Tugler

One more portal guard. Get us to 10. But I doubt Sampson plays that many bodies. Will be an interesting puzzle.

1 Like

I would be willing to bet our two incoming bigs along with Tugler (all freshmen) are going to get their chance to play. Add guard Jefferson to the group and coach has a lot of development going on.
Just me, but I can’t see us bringing in another guard unless something surprising happens during the off season.
Right now, and this is just a guess, Tugler will probably get the most playing time off the bench from our nice freshman group.
Our most important concern is finding a replacement for Walker which is going to be very tough to do…

3 Likes

So for any of you guys that have inside knowledge or have just seen Wilson play……what can we reasonably expect out of him next year?

Anyone know how competitive he has looked in practices this year?

Never seen the kid play myself.

3 Likes

All I’ve heard is that Kelvin has said he’s the best on the ball defender in the team. Jamal and Marcus are excellent, so that’s pretty high praise. I’m sure they have had him working on his 3-ball

6 Likes