2023 Transfer Portal

Np Nathan. Hoping it was quick reset or something that needed to be taken care of for few days away from day/day Team activities.

1 Like

https://verbalcommits.com/transfers/2023/D1

Good website to track guys entering the portal.

BJ Mack from Wofford, season ended on Sunday. Already in the portal. Expect to see more of that this week

3 Likes

@pesik

Portal thread

1 Like

@pesik reports being contacted by Arkansas

7 Likes

Tech big man is going portaling.

#TexasTech Center Fardaws Aimaq will put his name in the transfer portal

He averaged 11.8 points, 8.3 rebounds and 1.7 assists @TheAthletic pic.twitter.com/Ii86AqVQdk

— Tobias Bass (@tobias_bass) March 9, 2023
2 Likes

Coogs could use a big man of his caliber.

1 Like

The broken foot, im sure affected his fitness level.

I watched Aimaq quite a bit this season. I dont think hes a fit here

I think he wants to show he can shoot the ball for his size. Either from 3pt or long 2s

We don’t really run pick and pops for our 5s

The 4s for us are becoming more perimeter players (Fabian, Jarace)

Our 5s are rebounders, rim protectors, pick and roll guys. Aimaq, good player, not really his game. Especially rim protection.

2 Likes

I kind of agree. He also didn’t have great hands, from what I saw.

But he’s a big dude who definitely has some skills, and there aren’t a ton of them out there.

1 Like

I have only seen him play a couple of times he is definitely a skilled big man. I think he is better than Carlton but perhaps not the team man.
I saw several times against Kansas where he was close to a loose ball and didn’t bother to hit the floor.
I know we recruited him last so I am going to it up to Sampson.
The guy is very talented.

1 Like

Better than Carlton? :thinking: if nothing else he lacks what Carlton had - a will to compete and play physical. I don’t have to tell this that he is nowhere close to CKS zip code.

That is intriguing - with the loss of Walker, Texas Ranger.

Carlton is one of my all-time favorites because he was marvelous at his assigned tasks: rebounding and passing. I don’t know that he was that motivated to hit the floor before he got here.

(Btw - Josh has played in every game for Le Mans and is averaging 8.5 pts a game on 22 min a game… Doing the same work he was doing here.)

7 Likes

TCU’s 6’11” 270 LB Houston product Eddie Lampkin is in the portal as of last night.

I think the world of J’vier Francis and his potential.

But, I’m looking at Eddie AND Fardaw in the portal.

Let’s bring one of these guys in.

3 Likes

I am comfortable knowing that CKS will decide if any of the 1,500+ kids that enter the portal this year are the right fit for UH. You can be sure that there will be lots of guys interested in joining the #1 team in the nation.

5 Likes

Ya, it’s great to have Sampson.

It’s also great to get excited about our future prospects and potential targets with other fellow coogs.

Fardaws looked so unathletic every time I saw him play this year.

But I would take him in a heart beat.

Dude averaged 12 and 9. At probably 75-80% health.

4 Likes

One of the areas that CKS discusses constantly are rebounds and specifically, offense rebounds, to give UH an extra possession. I compared Aimaq’s and Lampkin’s production with Roberts’, Chaney’s and Carlton’s. Since Aimaq was injured this year, I included the previous year also, when he was at Utah Valley. Some adjustment needs to be made for the level of competition at Utah Valley.

Isn’t that the case with lots of guys his size? Looking unathletic. It’s why everyone is in love with Victor Wembayana dude is like one of the most athletic 7 foot plus guys we’ve ever seen.

Once he got on the court for Tech they looked like a decent team. I think he could play for the program, it would be more about cultural fit. Does he fit what CKS looks for in attitude and work ethic.

I would take Wembayana over Lampkin or Aimaq!

1 Like