2024-25 Coaching Carousel Thread

Lincoln Riley was very shrewd. He didn’t even let them ask. He preemptively answered a question that he wanted to answer and moved on.

“Let me stop you right there. I will not be the next head coach at LSU. Next question. “

Riley is a sharp guy.

3 Likes

Also, like… National Award Semifinalist isn’t exactly the kind of accomplishment that should get a coach a job. If that’s the best you’ve got, it’s not very impressive, especially when the entire coaching community is touting you as some sort of wunderkind.

https://twitter.com/bykevinclark/status/1465489172131684354

And the winner (?) is: Va Tech?

6 Likes

Good point. If he falls on his face at USC he has a future in politics.

1 Like

La Tech hiring Cumbie. Dude deserves a shot.

3 Likes

This is interesting, but what is so sickening is that so much money is being thrown around for coaches. Athletics is a huge stepping stone, but holy smokes, especially with LSU asking for state money.

LA Tech - could not wait on Tim Rattay w his Okie State commitments?
This could be a tough job as CUSA gets down to bare bones FBS football. (outside of well funded Liberty)

“The South Dakota native, 47, comes to Seattle after just two seasons of coaching FBS football at Fresno State, impressing everyone with a 9-3 season following a pandemic-interrupted 3-3 campaign.
Prior to that, he was a head coach for Sioux Falls University, an NAIA school where he won three national championships and 67 of 70 games in 2005-09.”

I hope BOB goes to some place I don’t like. In a perfect world it would be UT.

7 Likes

Reportedly, Fresno State is looking to bring back Tedford.

This isn’t a Carousel…it’s a Blender…

2 Likes

Bama fans cannot be happy. It’s like no one wants Bill.

1 Like

Why would any intelligent AD want BOB?

2 Likes

Two words: QB Whisperer.

(Hopefully everyone knows I am being sarcastic. Bill O is the main reason I stopped watching the Texans. And that was when he was only the coach)

5 Likes

DeBoer taking his 2nd team All-MWC 2021 QB with him to UW.
A rare transfer portal homecoming. Haener was at UW for 2 years before Fresno.

2 Likes

Haener is a gamer…I saw him win a game earlier this year, when he was so injured and tired, he should have been taken out half a dozen times…he put the team on his back…

He was my sole reason.

2 Likes

Duke should hire Gary Patterson immediately.

3 Likes

Surprised Mr. Herman hasn’t popped up yet.

-Bronco Mendenhall done at UVA after their bowl game. Allegedly his decision.

-Addazio out at Colorado State. An odd hire… @ a decade as HC at Temple then Boston College and a decade on the staff at Indiana then Florida before that.

4-12 in two seasons. 3-9 this year with losses to (FCS) South Dakota State and Vanderbilt. 2nd highest paid HC in the MWC with a new stadium and facilities.

-Troy makes a move.