2024 Big12 Baseball Conference Schedule

BigXII Schedule announced. Let’s see if Whiting will turn things around…
Baylor, Whorns, OkieLite at home
https://twitter.com/UHCougarBB/status/1720153807089447186

2 Likes

That is a pretty good schedule. Not too daunting. Baylor, Texas, OSU at home. They expanded the tournament to 10 teams. It will be very interesting to see how it all plays out!

1 Like

We are also back in the Minute Maid Classic this year now called Astros Foundation Classic. We play Texas State, Vandy and ULALA. Should be a tough schedule this year.

2 Likes

I haven’t been to a baseball game in awhile. I think I will catch some this year. Big 12 working it’s magic.

3 Likes

very cool, thanks for posting this ! thats the one thing i miss living in michigan, cougar baseball; baseball is always my #1, football and basketball i can live with missing live.

sure would like to go to a byu game, if its anything like baseball at coors field in denver; balls could be flying out, especially with aluminum bats !

Has recruiting improved?

I thought we had one of better recruiting classes or were supposed to this year. Is that still the case?

On paper there are a few freshman that will play….very good ball players….

I’m most concerned about pitching.

IMO I don’t think we have the pitching to finish in the top half of conference of make the tournament.
Maybe this new pitching coach will prove me wrong.

1 Like

I can’t believe they allowed that in the past. That is complete bullshit. The NCAA should be on the hook for Hotel Bills in the tournament.

1 Like

It gave the host school a potential huge advantage.
Put the visiting teams in dorms a few years from 2 outdated 2 bring to code.
Bad food, fire drills, etc.

With the Cash Cow that is Omaha and the regionals it was bush league.

I would love an NCAA baseball version of the NIT.
On campus option makes sense on that budget to start.

1 Like

Something tells me these new rules won’t affect the Coogs……not until CTW is gone….IMO we are just spinning our wheels.

It’s good the tournament finally came to modern times with the RPI adjustments.

And cool with the walk up songs….i know the boys like them, heck we liked when I played so it’s been awhile.

I like it when a kid comes up to some old school Crue or Sabbath….my son came up to bat for four years to stupid EDM crap . :smirk:

2 Likes

One month from UH Alumni game.
Pitching looks rough barring some surprises.
They have to get good B12 seasons from guys coming off major injuries and some horrible AAC level pitchers.

The new pitching lab/ staff and these new hires seem promising but not this season.

IF the pitching can hang during this stretch leading into Baylor series…things are looking ok.
Shelled and a tough B12 season seems likely.

I used Dr. Feelgood my first two years of college. Great opening. Switched over to Van Halen and Runnin’ With The Devil for my last two years.

2 Likes

TCU looking tough.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/Big12Conference/status/1750624587782521330?t=Ls89HJPUr4OGe1L2RjjgCA&s=19

Better than the bottom.