2024 Offers

247 gives Thomas a composite rating of 0.9899. On3 has him rated as the #5 PG in the country. Here is his writeup:

Dedan Thomas’ father was a prep legend in Los Angeles, earning all-city honors at Taft High School before going on to star at UNLV. “It’s absolutely come full circle,” Dedan Sr. told the Los Angeles Times. “He’s a better scorer than I was, probably a better defender. He has a chance to be really good.” Thomas makes it clear he owes everything to his father and mother. His father taught him the fundamentals and insights about playing point guard. And his mother made it clear that being a good person and doing well in the classroom were top priorities. “Without him, I would be nowhere near where I am now,” Thomas told the Times. Thomas is a candidate to potentially reclassify to the 2023 recruiting class. However, he says that decision will not come until the summer after his junior season at Las Vegas Liberty High School. He was named the MaxPreps Nevada Player of the Year for the 2022-2023 season. He led the Patriots to a 21-10 record and the Class 5A state title game. Thomas averaged 23 points, 5.1 assists and 3.9 rebounds while shooting 47% from the field and 81% from free throw line this season. He scored a career-high 33 points twice. Thomas was also a key leader in Liberty’s 2021-2022 team that won the state championship.

4 Likes

Dunno… But i wouldnt care to sacrifice a lil bit of defense for an electric big time scorer. The way Rob Gray was back in the day during Sampson early years!!!

don’t know about decision timeline. But it appears his mom really wants him to come here

4 Likes

Is she on social media? Where did that info come from? I hope it’s true.

note him and ced lath are like brothers …and she in the one hosting him in America

1 Like

You think he’s a one and done even though he may reclassified by Jan. 2024 @pesik

no… he isnt 1 and done… he would need a mgical season to even be considered… his real heigh is likely sub 6ft

1 Like

Damn… Really… I swear he is listed 6-1 on several sites!

He reminds me of mighty mouse Damon Stoudemire a bit. Both lefties & point guards… Who can score just as good as they can pass!!!

Is that 6’1” with socks and shoes on?

Hey Dedan Thomas,

Of your two favorites, UH and Arizona, only one is still playing in the NCAA Tournament.

5 Likes

I think hes a west coast kid, tho! May want to stay close to his family/dad.

1 Like

i don’t mind if yeanay comes here but only if he gets rid of that music. that #% sounded like two billie goats tuning a short wave radio

1 Like

I’ve always thought that if we win a natty, Kellen goes away to an AAC program to take a shot. If he nails it, then when his father retires he comes back.

Dedan come to UH and share in the glory

True, but I think landing Ced helps a lot seeing as he is SO close with the family. He wouldn’t feel so alone.

1 Like

I don’t think it was by accident they brought in Ced early and recruitied him hard. He is a direct line to letting him know about the program from the inside

4 Likes

Its all true. Will it work, we’ll see in a few months :nerd_face:

1 Like

Well that’s weird.

1 Like

He’s from that area in NC. good choice for him