2024 Offers

Outside of the ethical part, I’m high on Oates as a coach. They play a nice, modern style of basketball and he recruits well. He won at Buffalo which isn’t an easy job.

2 Likes

Is someone going to tell him what happened after last year’s Bama game.
Maybe not the best example.

Well, now I’m intrigued. Do you guys think CKS is the most ethical coach? How would you rank your top ten?

Sorry, I would put Coach Scott Drew over CKS. CKS is still a better coach though. Maybe put Tony Bennett in there too. I’ll have to give more thought for the rest of the list.

Also, was doing some research this morning on favorable coaches in America and an article from 2012 pulled up and had Anthony Grant from Alabama and had this to say:

"When it comes to taking a stand for what the university should represent, Anthony Grant has done exactly that.

This past season, Grant made some tough decisions to suspend top players for conduct detrimental to the team.

Although that hurt his team in the process, Grant made a statement that there are certain expectations of an Alabama basketball player, and if you don’t like it, you can hit the road.

Pretty soon, he’ll get guys into the program that have good character, and you’ll see good things happen to that program."

Just kind of funny

We don’t need to go there.

3 Likes

What about JW?

CKS did win the recruiting battle for JW. My point was more Oates is a high level coach that we can’t just say CKS is a way better coach than. Head to head matchups matter.

2 Likes

I believe he was referring to the actually games

Dedan watch going strong

We’ve talked about this. Only 2 teams to look at on that list.

1 Like

UCSB and who?

2 Likes

Wazzu, for sure.

Just to remind everyone. Dedan has used up all of his OVs. Only way he can OV somewhere else is if he stays in 2024.

Yep. That rule was change recently! :writing_hand:

https://twitter.com/courtsidefilms/status/1649593116079341568?s=46&t=olbhmK8XlLz2WbEIq2auEQ

3 Likes

I like how calm he is and never seems to be in a rush. He has Jamal Shead’s pg skills with Sasser’s offensive prowess :writing_hand:

I don’t care if he can play defense. Give me this boyyy!!!

Btw… Was up with Mercy Miller no longer on ESPN’s top 100 list. That’s a bunch of crock $hit :weary:

3 Likes

One Dedan please

Hey Dedan, I know this is a big decision for you and you should review all your options, but there is a condition called “analysis paralysis”. Please sign with Houston:

Play for a coach who has coached in college and the NBA and will someday be in the HOF.
Advance your skills and know what it takes to be an NBA player.
CKS will ride you hard and be your biggest critic and be the best thing that could happen to you.
Play on a big stage in a big city with an NBA team.
Teach Lath to shoot FTs.

1 Like

Chris McDermott showing out last night. The definition of a stretch 4 at 6’8!!! Still has one more year of High School ball to get even better :star:

1 Like