2026 Spring Game Announced

All systems go?

Sorry, meant like do I gotta reserve a spot online or anything or just show up? What about parking?

1 Like

free in the garage

This is the screenshot from this week’s email (H-Town Weekly). If you’re not already receiving this, you can subscribe here:

2 Likes

The spring game is now once again at the practice fields per UH athletics instagram.

The practice fields? With no stands? Must not be expecting many, if any, fans then.

Why

An Easter Sunday event ruined the playing surface, making it unsafe for players apparently.

I just talked with the Cougar Pride office and was told that they will be moving bleachers for people to sit. This is really a bad look to bring in potential recruits and looks more juco than P4.

6 Likes

I hope their taking action against those who damaged the field.

2 Likes

there was plywood all over the field so the actual surface was never touched by people - now what happened in the install/breakdown process could have been the issue - or whoever approved it didn’t have an idea of how much weight the turf could take - who knows

Guess we’re getting new turf

1 Like

For those curious about the event, it looks like Wheeler Street Baptist Church rented the stadium, here are some pics from their set up.

I was really looking forward to seeing the game in the stadium, you know more comfortable seating, shade, I am not sure I am going now, they are not saying they are hosting it at Carl Lewis, they are saying practice fields so unless they rent some seating, I cannot see them having seating for more then a couple hundred in low rise bleachers.

It would be good to get a peak at our 5 star stud freshman QB. Pretty sure CW is still QB1.

Can we see the game online?

Before today, the last 5 practices have had 25-30 recruits. They see the practice fields every time they are here.

Players don’t care if you have a practice on a practice field.

2 Likes

Yeah this really blows. The only reason I was planning on going was because it would be at the stadium.

I would have even sat down on the visitor side and put up with the blazing sun.

Dammit!!!

3 Likes

I understand that for practice, but for the spring game, you would think it would be more of a polished operation; you know like other P4 colleges.

3 Likes

By the time Fall Camp rolls around, WHERE the Spring Game was played will not have affected the players, coaches, or recruiting.

If anything, it will only serve to have peaked Fans anticipation even more.

I understand the disappointment, but I also think, as Fans, we’ll get all the same insight we would get from having played in TDECU.

I think it’s shortsighted to suggest UH is somehow not a P4 program because a decision was made to make the best of an unfortunate situation.

I see it as an opportunity to show up (for those who can) and make it Standing Room Only as a show of support for the players.

If the image of the program is the issue, having 5,000 people there when the stands only hold 2,000 would say a lot more about the program than seeing 1/4 of TDECU filled.

For several years now, the issue of a need for greater fan support has been discussed more than any other issue on this MB, other than the desire to see the team itself improve.

Well, the team has improved, and, in part, it’s because the old adage of “snap and clear” has been embodied by coaches and players.

Next game…

Next possession…

Next play…

Next man up…

So, as Fans, I’m not being critical of other’s opinions, or trying to say this thought of mine should end the discussion on this topic, I’m simply offering a healthier way of seeing it.

Show up anyway. The team is doing their part. We need to do ours.
Snap and clear…

4 Likes

Is there a plan to live stream the Spring Game? I haven’t seen anything and maybe the plan is not to. I’m guessing moving the game to the practice field instead of TDECU confirms there is no live stream. Correct?