25 Games In

I hear you, but facilities don’t mean jack without the coaches. Sampson has leveraged the facilities. Football and baseball have not.

Thinking that facilities will save you is really wrongheaded. Hire the coach and give him whatever he needs.

7 Likes

I’ve had this feeling all year that going to slog through season…boys get hot at the end, win the AAC Tourney, make The Dance and Pez gives Whit a 5yr extension.

2 Likes

I am ready for Sean Allen to come home. He was here in the modern golden era. He knows the Texas HS & travel ball scene.

He needs the $$ to bring in a top flight pitching coach as well - it is pretty clear that Frank Anderson was the key lever to our most recent success. Since he left, we fell off a cliff and Tennessee is now a perennial Omaha contender.

6 Likes

I can’t imagine that the process has not begun…but then again the AD has shown little to no interest in the Baseball Program. It’s an embarrassment that it has been allowed to fall this far, especially in the talent hot bed of Houston/Southeast Texas. I am in total agreement on Sean Allen…he could turn this ship around in very short order

5 Likes

I’ve been to two games this year. Got there in the 3rd inning of both. Has Pez been spotted at the park?