2A Poll

I feel like we’re marketing this wrong to the group of people we need politically to help get things over the hump.

So instead of “gun control” I propose we are “looking to regulate the tools of egregiously late term abortions and their providers”

1 Like

I don’t get it.

Well instead of calling the actual children who died, “dead children” a group that doesn’t illicit enough of a call to action. Maybe if we called “murdered children”, “very, very late terms abortions” maybe it might spur some of our “pro-life”(I of course use those quotes as the biggest and boldest quotes possible) fellow Americans into action to get something done.

Also it was clearly a bad joke since I had to explain it, they can’t all be 24k gold… :man_shrugging:

1 Like

At least 8 mass shooting events this weekend. We have a huge problem.

A string of shootings left at least 15 people dead and more than 60 others wounded in eight states this weekend, a spasm of gun violence that came as the nation continues mourning the lives lost in mass shootings last month in Buffalo, N.Y., and Uvalde, Texas.

Since May 14, when a racist attack at a Buffalo, N.Y., supermarket took the lives of 10 people, there have been at least four dozen mass shootings in the U.S., according to data from the group. That includes the attack on Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas that left 19 students and two teachers dead.

2 Likes

Got it. Now :smiley:

Think through it logically, Uvalde laid bare the fallacy of the “good guy with a gun” argument. The good guys outnumbered the bad guy probably 20 to 1 and it didn’t stop anything.

So if getting more weapons into good guys hands isn’t the answer, then that leaves removing the weapons from bad guy’s hands.

Now that is difficult given that bad guys are pretty resourceful. But that shouldn’t stop us from trying to eat the elephant one piece at a time.

3 Likes