3,409 Days Ago

Today in random ‘that was crazy’ memories…

18 Likes

The seemingly improbable come from behind victory was like climbing a stairway to heaven.

An arduous journey, but once arrived, a most satisfying experience.

4 Likes

Still cold

1 Like

That was an AMAZING comeback!

Gibbs and Fritz are our only undefeated head coaches

3 Likes

My last game as a student. It was sooooo cold, but damn was it worth it. I will remember that game forever, so much fun.

6 Likes

That’s an epic ‘end of school’ football experience.

Only thing close I can compare it too was one of my first ever UH football games was the 60-40 beat down of UT at the Astrodome by the Run & Shoot Coogs.

Don’t look now UT fans…I think Johnny Jackson just ran another INT back for a TD.

6 Likes

So cold and my kids were not dressed for it, we left in third after another Pitt TD, went to dinner (saw many other Coog fans that left early), I never leave a Coog game early, because I know they come back, like La. Tech in Ruston, like Hawaii Bowl, like Texas Tech in Robertson, like so many others.

8 Likes

I was there and would have stayed to the end if my dang friend hadn’t worn shorts to the game LOL…
Kept up with the score and I think by the time we got out of Fort Worth the Coogs had pulled off the miracle win.
Not going to knock my friend because he is a very loyal Coogs and donates a whole lot more to UH than I can…

My wife was not too happy with being there in that weather and she spent the 3rd quarter in the ladies room, with a slew of others, trying to warm up. 81 was sitting next to me and left at the end of the 3rd quarter and didn’t believe me when I said he would miss the comeback. It was glorious!

3 Likes

That was a great comeback.

Anyone remember this dude?

7 Likes

It was great seeing all of those Tony Levine recruits perform at a high level.

Recruiting hasn’t been the same since he and his coaching staff departed.

1 Like

Greenberry, Ward and Farrow. And special teams!

Terrific game! I was there with my soon to be son in law who is from Pittsburgh, and a big Pitt fan. He came down to Houston to ask me for permission to marry my daughter. Then I took him up to Fort Worth to see that game. He loved the game until the last 3 minutes or so. Lol. We still laugh about that game. Bitter cold too.

4 Likes

The TRUCK run! Iconic.

2 Likes

My first game wearing my armor…soaking wet body suit doesn’t do well in the cold…spent the entire half time and 3rd quarter warming up in my car before I returned to the stadium for the 4th in my street clothes.

3 Likes

One of the most remarkable comebacks in my journey as a Coog. The only other one I fondly remember is Case Keenum leading a comeback against La Tech.

Coach Kingsbury? 1-0, right?

Its true, Kingsbury never lost a game at UH as a head coach, but then again neither have I.

2 Likes