3 losing seasons in 5

It’s over. 3 losing seasons in 5. Terrible recruiting. 90%+ of fans are off the wagon.

The only question is will Fertitta admit his mistake and be willing to open up his checkbook?

28 Likes

Dana has made me not even care about college football. I come to the games anyway, and I’m not sure why.

27 Likes

Sunken Cost Theory

3 Likes

Last UH coach to have 3 losing seasons? The other Dana.

Since that Dana, we had a combined 3 losing seasons across 16 seasons and 5 head coaches. Current Dana matched that in 5 seasons.

Take a bow, current Dana.

25 Likes

Dang when you put it that way, why is he even employed

1 Like

Because Pez needs to be fired too.

17 Likes

Fire Pez Belkerson

19 Likes

AGREE 100%

3 Likes

Fire that idiot Pez and let a competent new guy hire the new coach.

12 Likes

Let’s at least fire Pez. He is an embarrassment

12 Likes

but those were Big 12 seasons…even though all of them were not in the Big 12 there were some Big 12 seasons and the seasons that were not actually in the Big 12 UH was still in preparation for the Big 12 so there was a mindset of being in the Big 12 and preparing for the Big 12…and when you are in the mindset of change and preparing for something that you know you are going to need to really prepare for because it is going to be more of a challenge than what you were doing and preparing for that makes a difference in how you play and execute and prepare…and once you actually make the transition of course there are aspects to things that you thought you were prepared for, but they were not exactly as you expected them to be so you still need to make some adjustments and more preparation

this is a 100 year plan

1 Like

Somebody better get fired. The board demands blood! Lol

2 Likes

Do you really think the extension was Pez’s call?

1 Like

Well I can’t fire Tillman. But Pez is failing on more fronts than just this extension.

1 Like

Not entirely, but he is the VP of Athletic Operations. Are you assuming he has no say?

The one who pays the piper calls the tune.

3 Likes

I think the extension was activated by something else. I do not think the buyout was. And as the VP of Athletics he would be consulted on such. And I bet he rubber stamped it like a machine press.

1 Like

I had someone describe the portal as “Black Friday with lots of stuff you want to buy”

Would it be cheaper to give Dana a couple mil to bring better players in than spending $15 mil buying him out?

Face it, it’s an arms race. We played a $10 million UT with a $1 million team.

LOL, college football is becoming F1.

8 Likes

It was always

I think he is one of the major players that gave Holgy a new deal after only having one successful season! So, yes he was a major factor in making that dumb decision! It is his job to warn Fertitta if he thinks Holgy is not up to the job and he failed to do that. Either because he failed to recognize Holgy’s ineptitude as a head coach or he recognized it, but failed to warn Fertitta anyway so either way he should be gone for his failure to do his job properly! Who would give a head coach that has two terrible years a massive extension and buyout, after only having one successful year playing a weak schedule when he still has one year left on his contract to prove if he is legitimate or not? Well, obviously, Pez would! And he is also the guy that resigned Todd Whitting after over a decade of mediocrity!

2 Likes