3 win team?

[quote=“Am3260, post:7, topic:25918, full:true”]It’s almost like Dana doesn’t trust tune at all.
[/quote]

After hearing Dana say something along the lines of, “they have to worry about what I’ve come up with over the last 9 months” before the Baylor game, and seeing what we’re running I tend to agree.

Seems like we’re trying to avoid big mistakes.

We have lost to 2 Top 10 teams (with key members of the offense and defense missing against the # 7 team in the country) and another good, experienced team that played at warp speed. That doesn’t tell me we are going to lose out, it tells me we have the toughest part of our schedule is behind us and we should be doing better.

CDH is also trying to overcome a lackadaisical culture he inherited. It seems there are more things he is trying to install than just a new offense, and he seems to be meeting substantial resistance.

2 Likes

Yet sideline reporters from the last 2 games have said that Dana has told Tune to throw the long ball more. So I think some of that is Tune. However, running 3 scrrens in a row for negative or minimal yards isn’t smart.

3 Likes

I would have thought that all of non bought-in players would have left after last season.

2 Likes

If only they had.

2 Likes

At least two did so . . . . .

1 Like

What’s a “China Virus”? I’m pretty sure it’s not called that.

4 Likes

No. He means 1-0, you out of touch Boomer.

2 Likes

Shut it down, guys.

5 Likes

I’m sure you wouldn’t say that to our Asian Coogs on this board. Go do that at A&M where they tolerate that foolishness. On Coogfans and UH, we have Coogs and posters of all colors and walks of life.

4 Likes

You appear to have issues that can’t be solved on a football forum.

1 Like

Wut?

3 Likes

This is that part that’s so infuriating to me. What has CDH seen over the past year and a half that makes him think our WRs are good enough blockers on the outside to make these screens work? If he wants to run a play for negative yardage, just snap the ball to Tune and let him kneel it. Best case for the screen is a completion and negative or no yardage. Worst case, is a backwards pass and fumble. It’s the dumbest and least effective play in our playbook but gets called so very often.

1 Like

The losses are on coach. His team was ill prepared, running backwards , catching a screens 5 yards behind the line…total confusion. Then he will call plays we hired him for : uptempo football score a TD then revert back to confused football. Either Coach has lost his touch, or the QB is not the right QB for his offense. It is one or the other. Right now, coach is a fail!!!

2 Likes

We’ll score 10 points against Tulsa, maybe.

2 Likes