4 Interceptions

To all of you people that personally insulted those of us who dared criticized Tune as a QB, this is why we criticized. You acted like you know football. You know nothing. The truth was staring you in the face, but you couldn’t handle the truth. So you attacked the messengers. Can you see the truth yet???

11 Likes

Tune has a good arm, he has goid legs, he is not a good QB.

He is not Case, he is not GW.

He is JOK or Piland. He just doesn’t have IT.

16 Likes

Tune is a backup QB for a decent G5 team that could bring some temporary unexpected pop with his athleticism, size, and arm or is a starter for a low end CUSA or MAC team. He has some measurable but few intangibles. No “it” factor. I have seen it since nearly day 1 years ago. Crazy DH will not move off him.

9 Likes

I have been a Rams fan for over 50 years. Watching Clayton Tune has been like watching Jared Goff for the last three years.

Early in the game he may air it out a little bit. But, after he gets pressured and hit a few times, his eyes drop and he stops looking downfield. You rarely see any passes go beyond 10-15 yards downfield and a majority of the passes are swing passes to a RB of a short pass to one of the wide receivers within 2-3 yards of the line of scrimmage. McVay had to dumb down the offense because Goff could not read defenses or adjust.

Unfortunately, I see the same poor decision making out of Tune. The icing on the cake was the delay of game on a 4th and 1. The Rams were able to cut their losses and trade Goff. My fear is none of our other QB options are any better than Tune.

4 Likes

We were up 14 - 7 in the late 2nd qtr and Tune threw that INT bomb into triple coverage …

And …

I knew we were in trouble … and it was going to be a long year … even though we have cupcakes and poor sisters until SMU

Holgi won’t change … not his style … he made a statement about Tune and he will stick to it come hell or high water … and in this case high water and down to DavyJones locker … unfortunately

4 Likes

was it only 4? I got distracted in the last minute of the game so wasn’t sure how many we finally ended up with.

Okay. Let’s call it as it is.

Tune does not have the mental acuity Ed to play QB.

He holds onto the ball too long; he locks onto particular receivers; he forces the ball into coverage; he constantly makes poor decisions; worst of all he’s not a leader.

4 Likes

But…but…but…he is a captain…one of our 32 captains.

2 Likes

Tune has good size, a good arm, is pretty mobile but is the worst decision maker we have had at QB since Piland.

4 Likes

You were right, he’s terrible. He has good size and a strong arm though and can really fire that ball the other team.

3 Likes

UH pumpers be like “One day Clayton Tune is gonna be a great QB, and our backups must be terrible. Our team is getting so much better. You meanies should stop criticizing Tune. Ok, time for another hit of delusion and hopium…”

3 Likes

Good arm yes if he throws a short pass. Don’t ask him to throw long because he can not fine our receiver.

1 Like

And missing that wide open WR on the flea flicker.

1 Like

When was the flea flicker? I missed that.

Yep, on the flea flicker where he overthrew an open tight end on the sideline, there was a WIDE OPEN BY 15 YARDS Dell running down the middle of the field for an OBVIOUS TD and Tune never even looked at him.

It was really bad.

3 Likes

Dana said it himself. If the QB isn’t progressing by year 3, he isn’t doing his job. Well, guess what? The QB has regressed, not progressed. It’s time to find out what else they have at that position. We have a pretty good idea of what Tune is at this point.

3 Likes

There’s something to be said about the screens and 2 yard out routes, I don’t think CDH trusts CT

2 Likes

Yep, missing Dell standing on the 10 or 15 and could have walked into the end zone was horrible and unexcusable. And I’m sick and tired of all the passes thrown in the flat behind the line of scrimmage or only 2-3 yards beyond the line and they get tackled for a loss or 2-3 yard gain.

3 Likes

“Yep, missing Dell standing on the 10 or 15 and could have walked into the end zone was horrible and unexcusable. And I’m sick and tired of all the passes thrown in the flat behind the line of scrimmage or only 2-3 yards beyond the line and they get tackled for a loss or 2-3 yard gain.”

It’s this year’s version of the WR screens for anywhere around -5yds to 3yds.

Damn man. This still makes me cringe. And according to Holgo, still undisputed QB1.

1 Like