5 reasons for Memphis

It would be like us bashing Cincy saying we should be Big10 before them when Cincy is there. Best policy is best foot forward without rhetoric by their newspapers etc.

I honestly had more disdain for their barbecue than their football team. Now that’s changed.

3 Likes

I’ve popped in their message boards quite a bit since the Big 12 snubbed them and their disdain for UH is massive. Of course, they’re delusional. They think their Florida State in football and everyone is afraid of their basketball program, which has 1 NCAAT win in a decade.

Bad academics, bad facilities, bad everything. They deserve to be stuck in AAC.

6 Likes

They’re now considered the second best in Tennessee’s public school, which I’d say kudos to them for the turnaround (I never thought of it as a low quality school to begin with). I’m all for schools being the best for their students and alumni.

If they’re Florida State, I’ll remind that UH is 13-2-2 with Florida State.

UH is 17-14 with Memphis in football and 21-32* (3 games in 2008 were vacated) in basketball. It’s a decent matchup and I wouldn’t mind an OOC, but they can take a walk for that article about keeping UH out of the XII.

Seems pretty obvious to me that Memphis would say they should be in instead of us and vice-versa. It’s the nature of the beast.

I think we were building up to a rivalry with Memphis but don’t believe we quite got there. It was a failure on the part of the AAC (and both schools) not to schedule and promote it as a potential rivalry, IMO. It was kind of weird that all of the sudden the “R” word started coming up almost as soon as we got the Big 12 invite. Maybe it was in the words but didn’t unfold until too late or something.

The Big 12 understands the importance of rivalries, and that while maybe they can’t be invented they do need to be cultivated. (If Memphis were coming with us, pretty sure the conference would have paired us with them.)

No to Memphis add from the PAC 10