6-1

No…I’m basing how good of a team we are, how well we are coached vs. The level of competition we face.

If we add up all the wins and losses of our completion, what do you think the cinposite winning % would be?

And we are having major lapses, failing to play 4 quarters angsust that level of competition

2 Likes

Actually less.

Yes, OK just curb stomped Kansas…Oh wait !

2 Likes

They also beat Notre Dame on the road. And haven’t lost a game. We’ve lost a game to an average team at best. And our best win? An OT win vs a team with a losing record.

1 Like

It’s conceivable we finish 10-2 and don’t beat a team with a winning record.

SMU game huge in terms of credibility.

4 Likes

‘Spoon’ is a good kicker and we may need him later. Maybe the offense should score more touchdowns? IMHO, If you have to rely on the kicker you probably don’t deserve to win anyway.

Speaking of Car, is he OK?

And I’m happy with 10-2. Better than losing to bad teams. But then we play a halfway decent team in a bowl and get blown out… again. Then 10 wins really means nothing and just proves it was mostly smoke and mirrors vs bad teams.

Thank god for the 60s and 70s. Imagine how bad our bowl winning % would be without them

Remaining Undefeated Teams: ACC: 1, American: 2, Big 12: 1, Big Ten: 2, Conference USA: 1, Mountain West: 1, SEC: 1, total: 9
Wake Forest
Oklahoma
Cincinnati
Michigan
Michigan State
Southern Methodist
San Diego State
Georgia
UTSA

1-Loss Teams: ACC: 1, American: 1, Big 12: 2, Big Ten: 2, Conference USA: 1, PAC-12: 1. SEC: 3, Sun Belt: 2, independents: 1, total: 14
Pittsburgh
Houston
Baylor
Oklahoma St
Ohio State
UTEP
Oregon
Mississippi
Louisiana-Lafayette
Coastal Carolina
Notre Dame
Alabama
Kentucky
Iowa

Games of the week
7-0 Michigan @ 7-0 Mich St 11 AM CST FOX
7-0 SMU @ 6-1 Houston 6 PM CST ESPN2

Also:
5-2 Penn St @ 6-1 Ohio St 6:30 PM CST ABC
6-1 Ole Miss @ 5-2 Auburn 6 PM CST ESPN
6-2 Fresno @ 7-0 SDSU 9:30 PM CST CBSSN

I stayed for 4 hours with no word from anyone on the speakers that the game was still going to be played. My wife and I decided to leave as there was no word of game to be played. Radio said players had been told the game wouldn’t start before 9 pm and the weather report said the pattern of the strom would not stop to midnight. That seemed a little too long for us to wait so we left. Couldn’t find the game on the radio but saw some of the highlights including the Kick off return when we got home. I am going to have to find some place else to park as the lots that were $ 10 the last time I went to a game are now $ 40. I am thinking that metered parking might be cheaper than that.

We park at the Palm Center Transit stop and ride the train in. Drops us off right at the stadium.

2 Likes

There are some $20 lots with a walk across campus. You get to pass by the bookstore so that is a plus if you are looking for team gear.

Is that area safe at night? If so, that sounds like something I will look into

When a game versus SMU is big in terms of our credibility, we’re not in a good spot.

1 Like

A win over an undefeated, unranked team boosts credibility for any team, even blue bloods.

2 Likes

Which would have a winning record had we not beat them. How are we supposed to win and lose at the same time?

1 Like

If at the end of the season ECU has a winning record, I will proudly say it was a quality win. But until then, its a win against another team with a losing record. Already I’ll say its a better win than Tulsa or Tulane.

In the eyes of who?

Bowling Green beats and undefeated Kent State team. Who cares?

SEC and B10 boards: “Wow, did you see what Bowling Green did to Kent State? Fear the Bowl, do not want to tangle with them. Through the roof goes their credibility.”

Kirk Herbstreit: "While everyone has been focused on this Michigan vs Ohio State game, big props and a major boost in credibility for Bowling Green in their takedown of Kent State (remainder of staff at the table stare in silence at Kirk with their mouths wide open).

Duke and Kansas are the only P5 teams with schedules weaker than ours at this point (and I can’t imagine why their schedules would be so weak). At 84th, there are numerous CUSA and MAC schools with schedules ranked higher than ours.

IF we beat SMU, UH fans will hear the tree fall in the woods.

App St beating Coastal got them votes in the Coaches poll this week despite being a 2 loss team. Do you think they get any votes if Coastal wasn’t undefeated and ranked?

Mighty SEC Georgia went up signifcantly after beating a G5 undefeated, ranked AAC team last year

They got votes?!?!?!?!?!?!? WOW.

Georgia was ranked in the top 10 of every week in the 2020 CFP rankings. You know how tremendously motivated P5 teams are to play a G5 team in the NY6 game, cough, cough. So inspired they usually lose. But Georgia won and rocketed from their top 10 position to finish in the top 10 at about the same position.