7-5

Between our last 3 games + bowl game we probably go 2-2 so his overall record would be 26-21 (4-8, 3-5, 12-2, 7-6). Eh, it probabblyyy buys him a year in the Big 12. However, a 3 or 4 win season again next year and you have to fire the dude - that would be 3 of 5 seasons with 3 or 4 wins, one great season on the easiest schedule you could dream of, and 1 barely “winning” season with a super senior QB and supposed to be a G5 darling that year. Dude would have to go. Unless we look competitive in most games next year and get (or get close to) a bowl game I really see no scenario he doesn’t get fired but that’s just me. We go 4-8 next year and his record after 5 years would be right at .500 with us being in much tougher conference into the future. If we stick with DH at that point then we deserve the multiple losing seasons he’d run on us in a row for the 2nd time in his tenure. Wasted years sans one season.

ECU would be our best win this season. Let that sink in. That said, if we finish 8-4, 9-4 with some modicum of a bowl, then we can say he hasn’t lost the team.

If he loses the bowl game? Obviously dependent on how prepared we look, but I would rather make the change before going to the BigXII than waiting a year.

1 Like

What i find crazy this year is that we could easily be near winless or have just a couple of losses. been an odd year of UH ball.

He doesn’t give a crap about bowl games unless it is a major bowl, we will be in a crap bowl, so probably a loss

3 Likes

Many of you seem much more confident in a bowl game victory than I am. I have watched a lot of UH bowl game losses, and this doesn’t seem like a team that would prove to be the exception.

2 Likes

We’re 1 for our last five, but 4-5 over the last ten years.

Whether we win or not will depend a lot on who we face. We may be low enough in the selection order to draw someone we can beat.

1 Like

We seem to do better in bowls vs P5 than G5 teams, maybe it’s motivation. We still need a win to even get there. Any 6-6 or 7-5 team will tell you that there are no crap bowl games. Not playing in one is worse.

That’s petty much everyone now

1 Like

Maybe UH will play Army in a bowl.

1 Like

Ha Ha Ha!!

:rofl: :joy:

Hey brother, I am an eternal optimist. So sue me :wink:

1 Like