#7 in AP --- week of Jan 24

#9 UH. 6 New B12 teams.
https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/college-basketball-rankings-ucla-tumbles-in-top-25-and-1-after-brutal-overtime-loss-to-oregon/

4 Likes

I will be very please if we can continue two streaks I am very proud of this program for through this season.

1. Home court winning streak
  2. Not losing two consecutive games
7 Likes

New AP comes out at 11:00 this morning.
Predictions on where the Coogs end up.

I say #9

Either number would be outstanding

I saw an AP projection that had us ranked #6. I don’t know about that, but we’ll move up at least two with Michigan State losing and USC losing two. Add to that LSU who was just behind us also lost. I could see moving up a little higher than 9 depending on how badly UCLA gets punished and Baylor for losing two at home.

I agree. I thk #8 is the ceiling for this week.

anyone who is paying attention would freeze us at 11, we have had success but we are now playing with 7 players and a walk-on.
I love our heart and hustle but this configuration isn’t going to beat those top ten teams ahead of us who have the depth to wear us down.
i’d like to think we can still win the conference, but the aac tourney will be tough 
.tough games, back to back
.if shead is healthy we are using 8 players
.it would be a huge achievement

Nah. No need to freeze. If the player issue takes it toll we will have our own losses and they can then drop us appropriately. If we don’t lose (that really won’t happen) then we deserve the higher ranking.

6 Likes

Name 10 teams better and reasons why

Told y’all lol. I think 10 is a fair ranking, keep winning and it’ll work itself out

3 Likes

And a breakdown of the poll. We may have only moved up one spot, but we picked up a lot more votes. We’re 15 points out of eighth and about the same from seventh as we are from eleventh
 Seth Davis even has us ranked third.

1 Like

Amazing that Baylor lost two at home within a week, which is a record for a #1 ranked team, and they’re still top 5.

I’m gonna get a subscription to the Honolulu Star
.I like Mr Tsai’s thinking.

3 Likes

We lose one game before late Feb they will drop us like a brick.

4 Likes

He probably thought UH was the University of Hawaii
:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

I think our ceiling is obviously not as high as it was before the 2 season ending injuries and hopefully Shead won’t miss more than 2 or 3 games, but I think when they keep moving us up it has to do with our whole season! CKS says that these are two different teams and granted this team is 4-0 with three wins on the road, which shows what a great coach he is! I am not sure what our ranking should be, since the 2 major injuries occurred. If we have no more major injuries and continued development by this current team maybe will be a top 10 team. I do agree with what you said a couple of weeks ago about you would take an unbeaten AAC season all by 1 point!

There is no doubt that Sampson can get talent and coach said talent. This year we are going to rely on Sampson’s coaching which will carry us a long way. Next year its talent.

Next year we should be the best team in America.

I wish Carlton and White could stick around. Omicron is contagious shouldn’t White and Carlton get one more year.

1 Like

If you are a great coach you are not thinking about NEXT YEAR! That is why CKS never talks about it!

3 Likes