#7 in AP --- week of Jan 24

I honestly think we are going to be a surprise team in the tournament this year. By March we will be healthyish.

We have a lot of good players.

1 Like

Baylor is #6 in the Net rankings and we’re #4. The Bears were still #1 after the Tech loss but then losing to the team we beat by 11 on a neutral court dropped them a few spots.

This is the 3rd golden age of UH basketball. Late 60’s, early 80’s, early 20’s.

9 Likes

We just set our record for the most consecutive weeks of being ranked

10 Likes

Moved up to 3rd in NET

7 Likes

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/college-basketball-rankings-auburn-and-kentucky-win-to-set-up-marquee-top-25-and-1-showdown-in-sec/

2 Likes

I keep waiting for our metrics/rankings to “plummet”

These guys just keep winning- pretty awesome to see.

5 Likes

We have to, barring chaos at the top. We don’t have any teams on our remaining schedule with at NET better than 65. In comparison, the Big 12 doesn’t have any teams lower than 65. Bad year to have a terrible AAC.

3 Likes

I think Oregon and OSU recent big wins are helping.

5 Likes

Hear what you’re saying but this certainly is a year of chaos. That said , we still have a very thin margin for error

3 Likes

They already have.

IN KP our defense rating went from 1 to 16 and our overall rating went from 3 to 9.
In Haslametrics we fell from 1st to tenth.
Keep in mind that our first ten games, and the super strong, national champion caliber ratings, are still part of our current metrics. So whatever our ratings are now they aren’t actually indicative of our true strength. They are an over-estimate. They include Sasser and Mark.
Team Rankings has a rankings list for past ten games and past 5. 10 would still include a couple of pre-injury games, but be mostly new team. Coogs are ranked 13th in that one, but for last 5 games we are ranked 40th.

4 Likes

Good stuff Ben. Wasn’t aware of some of these metric changes over last couple of weeks.

What about the most important one, NET? We are currently 3rd. We actually moved up after the Wednesday games and remained so this morning

1 Like

NET is more of a resume ranking than a full-on metrics ranking.

It is a two-factor metric, no longer taking into effect scoring margin. Still looking for explanation of why we rose 1 spot this week(I believe we were 5th st some point last week) if our numbers are declining?

If it is not taking into account the scoring margin, then it isn’t metric-based at all, just w-l and “sos” which would make it pretty poor.

edit:
From what I’m seeing it still takes into account Scoring Margin.

Last I knew, it was removed after19-20 season

BYW, in KenPom we’re closer to 4th than 10th

I think it caps scoring margin at +|- 10 points
 will look it up to confirm

Edit and correction:
“No longer will the NET use winning percentage, adjusted winning percentage and scoring margin. The change was made after the committee consulted with Google Cloud Professional Services, which worked with the NCAA to develop the original NET.”

1 Like