790 fires Josh Innes

https://twitter.com/JoshInnesShow/status/1105933999573217286

3 Likes

Awesome!

Maybe I can listen to 790 at that time slot again. I listen to Sean Salisbury on the drive home.

3 Likes

Sean Salisbury is the best thing that I have ever listened to on Houston sports talk radio.

1 Like

I don’t care who it is as long as they actually talk sports. 99% of the time when I turned on my radio and it was Innes’s show he was talking about something over than sports. It was nuts. Un-listenable drivel…and click…on to 610 or Lance on FM.

6 Likes

Wow, sorry to hear he was fired, but he has been begging for it. He was a jerk and would say things on air i would never say to employers. I stopped listening to him.

It seems to be the same on 97.5 the blitz with Fred faour and the other guy. It’s almost like 20% sports, it seems like. I couldn’t listen to Innes for two minutes before changing the dial. I like Salisbury and think he is very knowledgeable and has good bits but I sometimes feel like he is yelling into the mic and I have to turn it down to enjoy it. I think my favorite is 610. Always good to listen to, to catch up on the day’s sports in Houston.

Unfortunateky, he was a horrible backup QB for the Oilers

1 Like

So maybe I can add 790 back to my saved stations?

Cool. Any time I click by his show he’s talking music or LSU.

I will not miss him. They should bring Charlie back. He’s not great but at least he talks about sports and is very knowledgeable.

2 Likes

Is Charlie not on 97.5 anymore?

I really liked the show. Guess I’m in the minority here, but I will miss this show for what it was and how it was able to make fun of the Texans franchise. Loved the way they would give them a hard time.

1 Like

Yep. I just can’t fathom why anyone would listen to some doofus go on about his three favorite Marvel characters or whatever they run their mouths about. What a colossal waste of time!

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/eltonytx/status/1105963740057489408?s=21

6 Likes

Budget? Is that another way of saying no listeners & advertisers?

4 Likes

BUDGET = Your show is so awful it killed the budget.

1 Like

Our budget no longer supports paying you, so unless you’re working for free, bye Felicia.

2 Likes

I remember 1995 well. Chandler, Air McNair, and Salisbury. The first two would play in consecutive super bowls a few years later. Not sure what happened to Sean.

In 1994 our three QBs were: Cody from Baylor, Billy Joe from Tech, and Bucky from A&M. The Oilers were as Texas as you could get.

1 Like

Some bits on the Josh Innes show were pretty good. Definitely drive by radio though