87 is a Starter!

Whoever he is this young man gave us a spark and makes our WR Corp WAY better.

Hope he is now a starter.

7 Likes

Blocks too

1 Like

Jake Herlow, Sr., from Old Demonion.

7 Likes

Wait, this can’t be the same guy that transferred in late from ODU which initiated a lot of comments about what crumby guys CDH is bringing in. Now that he looks good is CDH going to get credit for finding him? Nah, the anti-CDH crowd will never give him credit for anything positive.

22 Likes

You are really sensitive.

2 Likes

But factual :sunglasses:

5 Likes

No, I am really tired of the constant anti-CDH and anti-Tune crap.

14 Likes

I like Herlow a lot. I hope to see him get more playing time.

7 Likes

Herslow

1 Like

Not trying to get involved, but I did just want to point out Herslow, was a walk on here. Meaning Dana actually didnt find him. He found us

3 Likes

Then your on the wrong board. :wink:

3 Likes

So just anybody can “walk on”.

her ain’t slow….herfast

5 Likes

Anyone can try out.

BUT, the coaching staff only takes the very best of them to be on the team.

If they’re really good, they’ll earn a scholarship.

Sometimes, a player may be recruited as a “preferred” walk-on, meaning that they won’t get a scholarship on signing day, but are at least guaranteed a spot in the team.

1 Like

Too bad Tune won’t throw to him. Plus we only have 4 plays on offense that we call over and over again.

2 Likes

That he’s a walk-on may just show that Holgorsen convinced a kid who (unless I’m missing something) had a scholarship to another school to take a pretty big chance to come here with the belief that it would payoff because of how good he is. Which sounds good!

(Assuming that he didn’t just stumble here without guidance.)

1 Like

No dana literally said in a press conference that he had been playing at ODU. He came to UH for his masters, and decided to try and walk on because he wanted to keep playing ball. There was zero recruiting that took place. Also I have been a pretty big Dana supporter absent the Tech loss. I just wanted to point out that finding this kid isnt really something he did, and Dana has said as much

2 Likes

You ever seen a triple option playbook? Or a Run-N-Shoot one?

1 Like

Herslow… Herlow… Isn’t he that rapper from Kentucky?

1 Like

The kid has attitude i like that, when he dropped that pass in the endzone he came to the bench and threw his helmet down, need to see more of that, kids upset when they miss an opportunity