A bit of reason

Tulane is MUCH improved and a road game.

1 Like

People who think Dana should have done better than .500 in the Big 12 don’t realize that when it comes to recruiting rankings he averaged about 5.4th best in the B12. Out of 10 teams, that means their recruiting was just below average. So being slightly better than average means he was coaching the team up.

They certainly improved defensively, but offensively they are still atrocious. I think they are in the same boat as Cincy which is why I think those two are interchangeable at this point. Poor offense with a pretty good defense. Both teams rely heavily on running the ball. IF (big if) we can continue to run the ball as well as we do, and the passing game starts to click, there’s no way we lose either of those games.

I see us more likely to lose to SMU than to Tulane. Either North Texas has the weakest offensive and defensive lines in the country, or SMU has been hitting the weights like crazy this off season. They threw their big boys around all game last week.

If we lose to WSU Friday and Tulane next week, season probably over for us, we have to at least split these games

1 Like

If we lose BOTH of those games King needs to redshirt. lol

That wouldn’t be such a bad idea, would it?

2 Likes

Guess you’d toss Coach’s Son in there if King red shirted. He should have a good grasp of the offense.
#GoCoogs!

I get tired of this as well. It was 50 years ago. FIFTY!!! They talk like it happened 5 years ago. The landscape and what we are playing for has changed just a wheeeeeeee bit.

It is like an Army, Yale or Harvard fan touting about their national championships.

1 Like

Dana is a very good coach.

But no one can be good without talent.

We all see what is on the field. Many players who are not ready for prime time.

I agree with this 100%

King is an incredible athlete. Such a shame the amount of coaches he has had in just 4 years

Are we projected to have a stronger team next year? Not really.

We have not made a starting FBS offense punt in 8 quarters. My goal this Friday is to see our team make the other team punt. Forget about the record.

1 Like