A&M "Bought Every Player"

Somebody is salty about not having the top class…

2 Likes

It was ever thus.

1 Like

The NIL doesn’t create new super players…it just helps schools land top recruits.

Texas has continuously had top 10/top 5 recruiting classes over the last decade but it does NOT mean you will get immediate results on the field but now their wealthy individual alums are giving MORE money to players instead of other places like inheritances, donations to the academic side, or disposable spending.

Look for NIL, from the individual donors, to calibrate once they realize it is a high risk/ low ROI investment.

Corporations will continue to do NIL because thet have X amount already set aside for their advertising budget.

1 Like

I’ve never liked Saban as a person, but I do agree with his opinion of the NIL. I knew that it wasn’t going to be what people originally professed that it was going to be. I just don’t see how it can sustain in its current format.

1 Like

This we already knew but things have to change

The reality is that Bama alumni money cannot match USC, UT, and aTm alumni money.

There simply aren’t as many wealthy donors to fund NIL at Bama. Saban knows that.

790 is going off on that this morning.

3 Likes

If all this is true then the NCAA is going to drop the hammer on Penny

2 Likes

Saban is a hypocrite. Don’t think for one moment that Bama has not been paying players.

He and Dabo are afraid they won’t be as dominant anymore.

Will NIL level the P5 playing field?

7 Likes

As I said, not as many wealthy alumni to fund the NIL “honey pot” to keep up.

The University of Spoiled Children (USC), well….STAY TUNED!!!

All this drama and UT-Austin hasn’t officially joined the conference yet.

6 Likes

Does this mean Dickerson should return the Gold Trans Am?

2 Likes

You guys are gonna get this in the news cycle and get everyone in the sunbelt put on probation.

6 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Dickerson sold that car back in the 80s.

1 Like

If Saban thinks A&M pays players, wait until UT shows them how to really pay players. Let the drama begin, will UT crash it’s third conference?

7 Likes

Yep Fisher hits back at Saban pretty hard.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1527309612638035976?t=FLKp96xs1mMWddw9SpJ0ww&s=03

Well everyone has anointed Saban as God of college football so now he thinks he can say and do whatever he wants and be untouchable.

Jimbo not pulling punches…

Saban even accused Jackson State of paying $1M to a player. Are you kidding me? A HBCU with no money pays a player $1M?

Is this the beginning to the end of Saban?

3 Likes