A New Disturbance in the Force

I had hard time getting thru the video. Too much yakking and self promotion for my tastes.

I was at 2 large car dealerships this week (Toyota and GM). Their lots for new cars are almost
still completely empty. I would expect a used car bubble to pop, especially when new car inventories
start to return, but that’s not I see in Houston just now. Are other areas of the country experiencing
a return to pre pandemic levels of new car inventories ?

1 Like

Are carrying charges the same as yearly inventory taxes ? What are carrying charges exactly?

What’s the gist of the video?

Just watch it

After NRG’s review, I’d rather not. Lol

New car dealers pay a finance charge to have those new vehicles on the lot, they don’t purchase them for cash. “Floor plan financing” is a loan between 30-90 days, according to the interwebs.

Okay. When I’ve been in market for new cars I’ve been told they turn inventory in matter of days.
I’ve often doubted that, but have missed on getting vehicles I wanted too. When I’ve talked to
the dealer GMs, they claim a pretty high sales rate in days and not weeks. So I’m not sure what the real story is; looking at “holding charges” on the net I see a number $40-85 per day per vehicle
estimated. So if a turnover rate is 10 days , thats only $400-850. Doesn’t seem like a huge cost
on thing that sells from $ 36,000. - 55,000.

Don’t take my word; I’m not in happy place just now.
It may be the bees knees.

Costs to ship car to dealer

I guess this matches the video.

Same but different
From @serwer:
“I’ve covered the #markets and the #economy for four decades, and I can’t recall a time when more people—or at least prognosticators, economists, and bankers—were more certain that an economic downturn was imminent.”

@YahooFinance #recession

https://twitter.com/NorthmanTrader/status/1541115812966170624

Ouch, but i am sure build back better will fix that.

Just like bailing out the S&Ls in the 80s and the banking crisis of 2007 - 2008., sometimes the government has to act to avoid a worse outcome. Same with the infusion of money during Covid.

BBB, I’d rather do it all as separate bills with up or down votes recorded for everyone. No poison pills, nothing non-germane to the bills. I can dream, can’t I?

Very informative. Thanks for posting.

The Covid Cash toys are starting to show up big time on the online marketplaces. Cash talks in a market like this… 1 year ago there was nothing to buy (Boats, razors, Harleys, etc)

1 Like

[The stock market could surge 7% next week as quarter-end rebalancing drives buying spree for equities, JPMorgan says]

Do we think markets will jump this week?
I got out of market for at least a few days to transfer from old 401k to an ira. Me getting out of the market usually triggers a jump.

Maybe yes

Maybe no

Maybe

2 Likes

It was up over 5% this last week. Futures are down right now but who knows. Wouldn’t be shocked if its another great week or if its a bad week.

1 Like

I don’t think we are near the bottom just yet for the markets. But that doesn’t mean we
couldn’t see a huge rally next week as well. Forecast - sharp crests and troughs ahead.

So much has happened globally over last 2.5 years, it’s hard for me to believe the worst for
the market has passed. Plus the Ukraine/Russian war still going on, N. Korea rattling, China
becoming more aggressive. A lot to take in and digest.

https://twitter.com/zerohedge/status/1541210193400414208?s=21&t=9--RIk3rsEhOTC4TTqPsLw

1 Like