A Realistic Future Focus…

McFarland.

So what are you saying? You want a different coach? You want him to hire an offensive coordinator? What was the point of what you’re saying here? That our team is screwed?

2 Likes

I want to see us in Dallas. If we make it there, I’ll just enjoy the ride wherever it takes us for as long as it takes us. Hopefully that is to AZ.

7 Likes

Damn actually next year is shaping up!

Idk why some of yall think we are on life support lol

8 Likes

You realize that the dudes you mentioned were here this year and half of them got hurt, right? Every team is an injury or two away from being deep to being barren.

Again, people can get mad, but to me, you have a responsibility to see what the other guys on the team can contribute; when I played ball, our coach always told us to be ready at any time because you never know when your number is going to be called. That is how I coach and that is how I manage my team. Everyone knows what is going on so that if they need to be brought on to a case, they are not out of the loop.

All I am saying is that what we are seeing is basically what he has done before. Make of it what you will.

He has been here 10 years. I get that we don’t want to go back to 1996 through 2014; however, at some point, we cannot live our lives in fear. If people are happy with it then so be it. I would remind people that at some point, all coaches leave. They either get fired or retired.

BTW, maybe Kellen is someone who can see things and talk to CKS about them. Trust me, Fathers and Sons have been known to think and do things differently. :smile: I imagine that Kellen probably sees things that he would change.

For me, CKS has built a program that I want representing our school. Tough, hard working and overachieving. I would love a natty but it isn’t everything. I’m not afraid of falling back if Sampson leaves. He’s already delivered what was essentially a dream.

15 Likes

If this is a post advocating to push Kelvin out/aside then you picked the wrong year to do so, friend.

14 Likes

Next year Sampson has his greatest team ever. At any University.

That is his year. Has talent to go undefeated, we have only 1 undefeated team ever. But that team lost in The Final Four.

Sampson can achieve a perfect season next year. An undefeated National Champion.

We are loaded.

2 Likes

We will be really young next year. I am expecting a down year. But that just means the young guys will grow up and the next year and year after that well be top level.

Things change quickly. Things could change if certain seniors stay or go. The portal happens fast. Perhaps a slow start next year but we will ramp it up with guys getting more reps in like Tugler, Arceneaux coming back from injuries. Maybe if that were to happen it leads into the next year.

The frontcourt is going to be scary good on defense though. And like really scary. McFarland, Tugler, Francis will give opponents nightmares. If you don’t know McFarland will be really good. And I don’t just say that to say that. He’s already getting attention of NBA scouts as a rim protecting, floor running, lob threat big who can play so versatile on defense.

2 Likes

I’ve seen some insane doomer takes after losses here but this may just take the cake

14 Likes

“I was yelled at”

How do you know EastCoast? Was their post in all caps?

What are you suggesting with this post?

When I think more and more - if we get a couple key guys returning, we may have a really really solid team.

Our fan base is thin. We aren’t a rich school. In our first year in the Big 12 we win it by two games and reach the finals of the conference tournament and somebody is mad and hinting of needing a change?

lol. The stupidity and entitlement is off the charts.

19 Likes

In Sampson I trust.This is a golden era for U of H basketball. Yesterday stank, things happen, Time to move on.

12 Likes

Yep. CKS is the best thing to happen to us since GVL. It’s laughable to think that going to a FF, then Elite 8, then Sweet 16 is “backsliding”. It’s a great run! Only 16 teams in all of Division 1 get to that 2nd weekend of the tournament. Stop looking at something to complain about. Enjoy this ride. Most of us are.

13 Likes

Some of us don’t have another 30 years to wait for a national championship.

It is now or never for UH and CKS to break the curse for the school’s first national championship in basketball and for CKS to win his first championship.

2 Likes

But what is it that you’re trying to say? That you want to change the coach? Maybe hire James Dickey again? Otherwise, I’m not sure why you’re bringing this up.