AAC and other College Football Games: Nov 7-9

C/O of 506sports.com

1 Like

Did anyone watch that Temple v. USF game last night? Not sure why I did, but I did. At the end of the game, USF had the ball down by 10 and Charlie Strong refused to call either of his remaining 2 time outs before turning it over on downs to lose the game without putting up much of a fight. I got to watch/hear Pat McAfee realize how bad of a coach Charlie Strong is in real time. It was amazing!

2 Likes

Would a reunion of Willie Taggard get USF back to winning??!

1 Like

Anyone who hires Taggart at this point is an absolute moron. He would probably be better than Charlie Strong, but only marginally so.

2 Likes

I did see the USF player run out of bounds before the 1st down marker without being hit…

…on 4th down
…with less than 2 mins left down 10

For Charlie, his QB is young and was getting killed by the Temple D line. I can see where you might not want to risk his health, confidence, etc. but it did seem odd he gave up that easily on the game.

I was watching because I had Temple -1.5 for entertainment purposes only and my only concern was whether either team would be able to score fearing that it might end in a 0-0 tie after reaching the max OTs.

1 Like

The big game OBVIOUSLY will be the LSU/Bama game …

Heisman implications …

Who goes to the SEC champ’ship …

Will the Bama student section behave or lose their seats for the remainder of the season … my guess is the latter …

Intriguing latter games …

Liberty @ BYU … BYU sux this season and Liberty is a surprise

Tenn @ Kentucky … Vols have turned it around much to the chagrin of the kats …

ND @ Duke … may surprise

2 Likes

UCF in a dog fight with Tulsa. Lol

1 Like

I think USF should give Strong an extension. That should put them on the shelf for a while and give us an easy win.

1 Like

Nobody is watching UCF vs Tulsa? Man, the Coogs are on the verge of great seasons. We were so close to beating every team we have played. Watch our competitors. We can beat each and every one of them with our full team. Maybe not this year, but next year will be different, and they won’t be close games…Coogs King etc gonna rock and roll!

2 Likes

UCF &Tulsa tied at 31-31 in 4th. No one can be taken lightly – not Tulsa, not Navy. Now Tulsa recovered kickoff muff and has ball at UCF 21.

Doink! Tulsa FG attempt clanks off upright.

1 Like

Either way, Tulsa sure is playing better than we did against UCF at this stage in the second half. Like I said, we come at this conference at full strength, I bet on the Coogs: their players; their coaches; and we fans.

Tulsa wins LOL

1 Like

Tulsa never let the UCF QB get comfortable…UH did that in the 1st half and it worked. The 2nd half not so much. Next yr will be different if our coaches are “worth their salt” lol, because we will have the roster, on paper at least. Go Coogs!

1 Like