AAC Championship Gameday Thread: #21 Houston @ #4 Cincinnati | 3PM CT | ABC

The Bearcats are bigger and faster and playing unbeaten at home. We gave them a game for a half and certainly not embarrassed after the loss.

1 Like

I don’t think anyone is going to “slaughter” Cincy

1 Like

Can’t open that link

The incessant QB sneaks we’re mind bottling.

1 Like

I don’t recall any QB sneaks. There were some QB draw plays that I remember. When did we run the sneaks?

1 Like

I nearly nailed the outcome. Cincy is just that good.

We had to run QB draws because our RBs were getting nothing.

You’re right — sneaks wasn’t the right term. Draws it is. 2 in a row I couldn’t understand.

1 Like

Clayton Tune: 23 rushes for 21 yards? Seriously?

Gotta remember QB’s get yardage deducted from their rushing yards when they get sacked.

4 Likes

Sacks are counted against the rushing numbers.

1 Like

TLDR the rest of the thread. The way I see this;

I hate losing, no matter the opponent, so I will not sit here and say it’s ok that we lost to a playoff team. Because in reality, it’s never for my Coogs to lose to anyone, plain and simple. Dana and the entire team could and SHOULD have won this game. These guys outperformed my expectation for this season, but I guarantee you each of them know they should have won the conference title plain and simple. Does Dana deserve an extension? A definitive yes. Are there things for him to improve on? A definitive yes. I go to bed with happiness for what we accomplished, and angst for what we could have done. After all, we could have beat this team.

2 Likes

And there were lots of them

Approximately half of all teams lose on any given Saturday.

3 Likes

Rewatched the game and I’m sorry, you can call me a bad Coog but total hats off to Cincinnati. They are a really great team and program. I really hope we have a program like that within another year or two. Real football in real places and real strength in the trenches. Very awesome and nice job Fickell and Cincinnati.

4 Likes

Except Ridder didn’t kill us. It was their running back Ford who hit us for two big runs for touchdowns.

The pass interference call against Jones on 4th down and Tune’s interception were what transferred all the momentum to Cincinnati. Once we were down Cincinnati started blitzing and we were done.

I am proud of the team and really looking forward to next season.

2 Likes

What an awesome experience. Sad we didn’t win but it was a blast yelling for my Coogs!

16 Likes

Great game experience except for the result. Most of their fans were nice too. They deserve playoffs. Our James Coney Island is far superior to Gold Star snd Skyline.

2 Likes

Wow, you sure are butt hurt.

Yep. It started with the fuster cluck against TT.