AAC Championship Tickets - Not that it matters now

Not that it matters now for this year - Last year my group received AAC championship tickets in the same seats as season tickets (Section 229). I read in the Postseason Information that seat location is determined by CP giving and then CP priority points.

My email to Ticket Office - Hello Jeremy and Jake - I have not logged on to Manage My Account yet to request AAC championship tickets. It is sad that we only have a slim chance of hosting with our 2 conference losses. Before I make the request I have a question if I am reading the Postseason Information correctly. I have 4 season tickets (section 229). Am I reading the Postseason Information correctly the Championship seat location will be determined by my Cougar Pride Giving Level then by my Cougar Pride Priority Points? Does this mean if we host the Championship game I will not automatically receive my same seats as my season tickets? Last year we did receive our season ticket location for the game with Temple.
I totally understand bowl game tickets based on CP giving and CP Priority points. I hope I am reading the Championship seat location information incorrectly.

Their reply - The information you are reading is correct. Due to the fact that the AAC has rights to specific locations in our facility that we must accommodate. The host school must provide a certain amount of tickets in various price points to provide for the conference’s use. The reason being even though we would be the host of the conference championship game, we must operate like it is a neutral site venue to accommodate the needs of the conference for this event. Individuals who are affected by this will be provided with best available seating for this game.
I do believe the process will be similar to that of last year. However, I am not a part of the process that involves what locations the AAC claims for the championship game. If any changes are made, I would not imagine any drastic changes would be made from last season to this season.

My Take - So I assume if we were hosting, as long as Conference does not grab our seats I guess we would receive season ticket location for the championship game.

What’s the point of having a home team host the game if you’re not going to treat them and their bloody fans that support them (and the conference) like the home team?

I’d be out of my mind angry if I was kicked out of my seats for someone else for the championship game.

2 Likes

TheMandell Posted - What’s the point of having a home team host the game if you’re not going to treat them and their bloody fans that support them (and the conference) like the home team?

I’d be out of my mind angry if I was kicked out of my seats for someone else for the championship game.

I totally agree with Mandell. Especially, if I am in 50 yard line view Section 229 and get put in 20 yard line view in 100’s.

1 Like

Last year we got our same seats. I think if they did that, we’d have some seriously unhappy fans.