AAC Golf Championship

Golf in 1st with a 5 stroke lead after day one at the conference championship. One of our guys had three eagles during yesterdays round which I’ve never heard of someone doing. You can follow the scoring with the link below.

https://results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=team&tid=27649

3 Likes

Go Coogs!

3 Likes

10 stroke lead going into final round.

4 Likes

Does that get us automatically in NCAA tournament?

Yes.

“The teams that win their respective Division I conference championships are given automatic spots in the regionals. A selection committee decides which other teams play in the regionals. The top teams in each regional advance to the championship. In addition, the best player in each tournament from teams not qualified also advance to the next round as individual competitors.”

Nice 12 stroke win for the title. Also won the individual title.

Regionals are held at 6 sites with the top 5 from each regional advancing to the championship. I’m guessing we end up at the OU regional which I believe is at their home course.

2 Likes

Coogs were already in Regionals regardless of this outcome because overall record and ranking were in good shape.

2 Likes

Yep. Nice to see they’ve turned things back around.

Regionals in golf don’t work like you think they do. It’s a total crap shoot. Last year Coogs we’re shipped to Stockton, CA.

I would try and guess but I honestly have no idea. Won’t know for another week or so.

3 Likes

My coworkers son is on the team, they feel pretty sure they will either be in the California or Las Vegas regional.

2 Likes

Very proud of this accomplishment. Trophies mean things. Just beautiful.

1 Like

Houston going to the Auburn regional for men’s golf.

2 Likes

Not exactly what they were hoping for, but I guess pretty much in line with their ranking.

1 Like

Wow. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t disappointed. I didn’t exactly expect them to advance but I was hoping for better. Especially since coach knows that course.

1 Like