AAC is severely underpaid

The AAC game between Memphis and SMU had more viewers than the PAC 12 game between Oregon and USC. They were competing against each other on network tv. AAC 2.93 million viewers on ABC and PAC 12 2.81 million viewers on Fox.

https://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/tv-ratings-saturday-november-2-2019/

16 Likes

I believe the networks charge the advertisers less for our games than a P5 game. Next year ESPN will charge them more. I believe that is how it works.

1 Like

I thought they would charge based on ratings, not on conference.

3 Likes

Its great this happened, but that said ABC tends to outperform FOX and also keep in mind you are talking about 1 game. Compare the numbers for every game this year and you will see why the PAC makes more.

I still agree that we are underpaid. We could easily be making a few million more a year, but most members of the conference didn’t want to sign a GOR.

1 Like

Great post Brad. I watched both games. USC had a great attendance. This is a crystal clear example on how the PAC brass has miserably marketed its own conference. They have only themselves to blame.
Rumor and again this is just a rumor USC’s job is Meyer’s if he wants it.

1 Like

I’m not sure what the criteria anymore. I do know the Big12 is different from all others. But up until this year each school in our conference was getting $2.9 million from the AAC while the P5s were all getting between $30-50 million. After years and years of that kind of disparity, I don’t know how we’ve achieved what we have.

3 Likes

I said this when this guy signed a 10 year deal that should’ve been for 4 max. Our league when we win generates revenue. Treat us the same and ESPN would have another source of revenue but now they got us on the cheap and we have to suffer for it for 10 years.

3 Likes