AAC Playoff Location; Houston or Orlando?

In the week 9 CFP poll in 2015, they ranked us at #25 below Toledo (#24) and Temple (#22).

This is despite the AP and the Coaches polls putting us at #18, Toledo at #20, and Temple at #23.

So yes, anything can happen tonight.
Hopefully the people responsible for the bias against Houston has moved on.

Whoever has the better overall record actually

Reading all this is a bit premature. There is a game this weekend against SMU. Please
one game at a time!

3 Likes

It wouldn’t be a bias if Utah State is ranked ahead of us though. It’s a bias to think it’s a bias if they do. Their loss at Michigan State was more competitive than our loss at Texas Tech. They have wins versus Air Force and BYU which beat Navy and Arizona. If they win out, they would have a win at Boise State as well which would trump our win against USF. Then they would play Fresno State in the championship game. So wanting UCF to lose to make it easier to win the championship, is near-sighted because it assumes we would automatically be the best 1 loss G5 team.

Committee takes into account common opponents. If they beat all of them by less than a touchdown and we beat them all by 3 TDs they would have a very strong opportunity to rank us higher.

I want 2 AAC teams in the NY6! If UCF starts off around 15 and UH starts around 20
it is possible by the time they play each other they could be ranked 8 and 12. If UH then beats UCF, we should have the G5 spot and UCF might remain ranked high enough to claim an at large spot. Odds of it happening are low
but that it what I am rooting for.

1 Like

If Temple beats UCF this Thursday and UCF wins the rest of their games and we win out, which would include us beating Temple, then it’s Houston vs. UCF in Houston for the CCG.

Not if Utah State wins out. I feel like many Coogs are thinking because our conference is the strongest G5 conference, our champion automatically is ranked higher than a champion of any other G5 with the same record.

Only if Temple then loses one more. They are undefeated in conference currently.

Thanks, My mistake.

Yea you’re right. Read the question wrong.

I think the key is where the committee ranks us in relation to Utah state and Fresno state tonight.
If we are ranked ahead of them then it would be very difficult for them to knock us off if we win out regardless of what happens in the East.

If houston win out they would have beaten 2 top 25 teams. What will Utah State do.

We have to see what teams are ranked at the end of the season before we can answer that don’t we?

not necessarily
if Temple’s only loss is to Houston, they will win the division and play us again in the CCG. A win over UCF is huge for them
they have to lose twice for UCF to catch them