AAC Tournament

AAC now part of the “one trick pony” baseball conferences. Sad.

" STOLEN BID WATCH
Other teams we currently project to win automatic bids that look like safe at-large teams if they fail to win their conference tournaments: Gonzaga, East Carolina, Wofford, Grand Canyon. Should those teams get upset, the WCC, AAC, SoCon and WAC could become two-bid leagues."

2 Likes

C-USA with 4 bids
Sun Belt with 3 Bids

EIGHT teams from Texas

That is all.

3 Likes

A bit off topic, but what the heck…

I think I’m on the Trout train… I’d be perfectly happy with Sean Allen… But what Trout has done at Tx St is amazing. To me, they’ve always had potential, but he has them playing great ball, in a much better conference against a much better schedule than what we have currently.

And, Trout coached here in the past, so he knows UH. I’d take him in a heartbeat. HC experience taking a program to the next level… I’d even cough up dough to help that happen…

But, our boys do have a tournament to play, so maybe the last one of the season will go better than the first? Maybe the wish list will be a moot point by next week?

Go Coogs

3 Likes

I have heard nothing but good things about him……players like playing for him.

He was a volunteer assistant at UH in 2010.

1 Like

CUSA ranked 5th in RPI this season.

2 Likes

I’d be okay with Trout, although my first choice is Sean Allen by a wide margin. That said, no softball unis at UH, please and thank you!

3 Likes

Trout might be good, but I’d be weary of going the waco/college station/austin route and poaching someone else’s HC just because they had 1 or 2 good seasons. Texas State finished 227 in the RPI’s last year so this year might just be a fluke. Sean Allen is my 1st choice too, but if we go outside the Coog family, I’m thinking Patrick Hallmark or the DBU HC.

See the other thread on HC

I notice that our first game is tomorrow nite at 7PM. At first, I was wondering if the time was good or bad, but then I began thinking…what does it matter? Do I truly think that UH will go anywhere in Clearwater? lol

1 Like

Trout went to the same high school as the legendary Billy Simms. There! That should be enough.

Hooks’ Trout. I like it!

1 Like

Eh. I’m Sean Allen or just keep Whitting honestly. Trout won’t be any better.