AAC vs Big 12

How about a top 100?

Eastern Washington is #144 lmao, enough with the Tech hype

2 Likes

Their highest win is 143 on NET, people were acting like our resume was like this the moment we lost to Memphis at home last year btw

How many road wins does Tech have? Answer is none. Anyone thinking they’d go 15-3 in the AAC is crazy. Memphis probably has 6-7 wins better than Techs best win and they’re seen as a bubble team.

2 Likes

non but they were up on top 10 texas just last week @ texas, where texas needed a come from beyond win.

and you are backing my point, of preferring the aac… it is clear as day without being biased that texh is a decent team with a good roster…CLEAR AS DAY…
you refuse to acknowledge them becuase of wins and losses from the gauntlet big 12… but are acknowleding aac teams who have tons of wins vs nobodies

if i said bet your house and livelyhood on texas tech vs cincy or tulane… youd pick texas tech

I’m refusing to acknowledge them because they’ve beaten no one.

To the bet it would just depend on where the game is played. I stand by the statement that if Tech were in the AAC they’d look like Cincy.

Also Memphis lost to Bama by 3 in Tuscaloosa, since we’re playing the close loss game

1 Like

2-2 on neutrals (who are Georgetown and Louisville btw)

0-4 on the road

2 Likes

we have maui
texas tech obliterated lousiville in what looked like a d1 vs d3 game… cincy didnt separate from Louisville till mid 2nd half

texas tech took ohio state to the wire, ohio state had the walkons in early when it played cincy…

you are heavily reinforcing why its easier to look good in the aac

and memphis played bama close, so you can acknowledge that playing elite teams tight shows potential… i noted earlier my “winning begets winning” point, so id pick memphis in 1 off game… but id take texas tech on a full aac schedule to build itself up… memphis is a 1 trick pony (davis) a terrible shooting and rebounding team, and somehow became a horrednous defense the last 4 weeks (despite starting decent)… tech’s roster is just better top to bottom, i dont even think its close…

Pesik is over stating what Tech is this season but to say Memphis would beat the 6 or 7 times out of 10 is ridiculous.
Memphis is a bottom feeder of that played a big 12 schedule this season.

Memphis has wins over two of the top 4 SEC teams and a 3 point road loss to the best SEC team and is still only seen as a bubble team. They’re much better than Tech. If Tech played in the AAC there’s no way they’d win enough games to make the tourney as an at-large. It’s much harder making the tourney out of the AAC than the Big 12.

4 Likes

So you are going to press your point with their huge wins over Vanderbilt 3-3 and A&M who struggled out of conference.

When Techs beat win is against La Tech yes, yes I am

1 Like

Again shifting argument to the narrative you want

The argument is who’s better. How is comparing their respective best wins shifting the argument?

Your first point didn’t fit so you throw something else at the board you think will.

Anyway, big game tomorrow for two AAC teams. Memphis has been pathetic recently losing to a thin UCF team playing without two key starters and needing a last second shot to beat temple who shot 29% from the field.

What on earth are you talking about? My point is rock solid. Memphis who is better than Tech and has way better wins than Tech is barely seen as a bubble team playing out of the AAC.

1 Like

They also beat a 16-3 Auburn team on a neutral court. Like I get that we all hate Memphis. I hate defending them but saying Tech is better than them is crazy talk.

2 Likes

I’m tired of playing crap teams. Can’t wait until next year.

4 Likes

this is techs roster

• devion harmon- started on a a ncaa tourney team doing 13 per
  • pop isaac- 4star fresh doin 13 per with 40% from 3
  • jaylon tyson- former top 30 recruit 6’7 guard 10per on 41% from 3 (we heavily recruit in hs)
  • kevin obanor- likely all-big 12- multi year star - 6’8 sharp shooter
  • daniel catcho - 7ft 240lbs doing 10pt 7rbs (on elite fg%)

bench

• fardaws aimaq - 7ft 250lbs, top 5 transfer in the ncaa- doing 12pts 7rbs (we heavily recruited)
  • elijah fisher- 5star reclass
  • kerwin walton - unc transfer /started games from unc 42% career 3pt%
  • D’Maurian Williams - all big south transfer
  • Lamar Washington - 4star freshmen

memphis starts

hardaways son
kao- a transfer from uta that did 4pt per at uta (a 205lb center)
alex lomax
– these are 3 of memphis starters

also prepare yourself for the invitable bump… you entire point is that tech hasnt beat anyone, its almost guarantee before the end of the season they will…

It’s not easier to make the ncaa as an aac team. Period, exclamation point. You basically have to be perfect. Big12 you just have to not be terrible. Win 10+ OOC games, at home, then go .500 in conference

7 Likes

When you get 18 opportunities to get a quality win (9 of which are at home) you better be able to at least notch 1 or 2. That still wouldn’t prove what I’m saying to be wrong. But go ahead and bump away.

1 Like