AAC vs Big 12

Not with how the committee fawns over the Quad 1, defensively Tech is vulnerable where I can see USF, Tulane and even Temple handing them several bad losses.

If the committee had to choose between a 25-6 Tech team who blew it in the conference tourney or someone like Wake Forest, Okie State, or Iowa. They’d choose the latter 3 in a heartbeat lol.

1 Like

We got a preview of it for both the Tech and Kansas game this past season.

tech would sweep the aac of teams not named houston… obanor, aimaq and batcho would be the best big core in the aac by a strech (all are doing 10pts+ 6rbs+, 3 different bigs)…

their guard core isnt as special but comparative to the aac would likely be top 3 (top to bottom) …after us and tulane (*memphis just has favis)… davion harmon is 4year starter who has started on tournament teams, 2 freshman elite recruits shooting 40% from 3 (tyson and isaac),
they have a 5star reclass freshmen guard not in rotation at all (fisher), and UNC transfer with starting experience who is career 40%+ shooter also not in rotation (walton)…

this roster cleans up the aac (obviously noting they probably need stronger ooc in the aac)… this is the worst big 12 team
the takes on tech is why i prefer the aac, we think they arent good, but would probably be seen as extremely good in the aac

1 Like

Tech isn’t as good as Memphis and Memphis is barely a bubble team playing out of the AAC. Tech isn’t going into Memphis and winning and they’re definitely dropping some other road games when they inevitably have an off night. If they were playing in the AAC they’d probably look about as good as Cincy.

3 Likes

Yeah right. Tech could lose to a number of these teams and those bigs you mentioned aren’t special, though I do like Obanor.

1 Like

Forget Q1 wins, Tech doesn’t even have a Q2 win on the year. P is majorly overhyping them.

3 Likes

Tech is better than Cincy and Memphis and everyone else in the AAC. Sure they could lose at Tulane or USF, they could also beat UH at home.

I don’t think some of yall watch big 12 basketball

Tech is being used as an example of pesik’s original statement. You could substitute Tech with West Virginia or OU or Okie State

Okie St lost to UCF

3 Likes

Tech is not better than Memphis. Just stop. Like I don’t really want to defend Memphis but they have 4-5 wins over teams better than Tech.

2 Likes

Agree. If Memphis played Tech in a 7 game series, Memphis would win in 5 or 6 imo.

1 Like

didn’t UH lose to ECU and tulsa their final 4 season? Okie state would win most of their AAC games this season. The AAC ain’t good

They’d win most of their games. Absolutely. But 12-6 ain’t landing them in the tourney.

1 Like

We can debate who would beat who, but to pesik’s original statement the AAC would be easier for UH to go to the tourney every season than the big 12.

If Sampson stayed at UH 10 more years UH would make the tourney 10 years out of the AAC, I doubt that happens out of the big 12.

But, you take the big 12 invite, the regular season will be fun to watch but will be a battle almost every game

I honestly think we’d make the tourney the same amount of times regardless of which league we were in. But I’d definitely bet that our seeding would be higher in the Big 12.

1 Like

UH’s seedings will be lower in the big 12, what do you think UH’s 18 game conference record would be this season??

14 to 15 wins and 1 or 2 seed. And no our seedings won’t be lower. We’ve been under seeded every year in the AAC when we’ve made the tourney. In the Big 12 you can drop 6 games and still end up a protected seed. Kansas lost 6 games (4 conference) and was a 1 seed.

1 Like

tech hasnt won a game in the big 12 yet… but look their games, theve only has 1 bad loss (not close)

lost to ranked tcu @tcu by 6
lost to top 5 kansas by 3
lost to top 10 texas @ texas by 2
their most recent loss was to top 15 kstate, @kstate in a game tech was up most of the game

put that schedule against any other aac and they would crumble…

note im a believer in winning begets more winning (build confidence, play like they expect to win) and the reverse… so if memphis and texas tech played today id pick memphis…(im taking tech over every other aac even with losing) but tech playing a full year of the aac schedule, tech is the #2 aac team, it woudnt be close to me.

where are these tech losses?

but you are backing my point about why i prefer the aac…wins are win, losses are losses , quality of opponent is only secondary thought…
if cincy beats memphis tomorrow they’ll be in 2nd with a multi game lead ahead of 3rd…we are 18 games into the season, that memphis win would be cincys 1st top 100 win of the year

Does Tech even have a top 200 win?

Edit: La Tech #143 in the Net is their best win it looks like

1 Like

yes, multiple actually…
edit best win likely eastern Washington

1 Like