Absolutely the truth

16 Likes

Funny!

I can’t say that losing Brown doesn’t hurt though.

He would have almost certainly been a pre-season All-Conference guy.

1 Like

He may still have a chance with 13 teams
To choose from.

True enough!

But it’s true when it happens to us!

1 Like

Given the location that UH is the hometown of a number of college football players.

I’m not surprised that local recruits will go to other out of town schools first knowing that UH will always be a decent landing spot if it doesn’t work out at their first destination.

1 Like

Most schools, including us, are losing their top guys and getting fool’s gold in return.

Maybe someday the FB team will be in the shape that the BB team enjoys. The BB team landing spot is by invitation only–and its a hard landing. Even a star transfer in has to think about what he’s getting into–a four letter word that most don’t know the meaning of—WORK!

3 Likes

Allocating scholarships for transfers for 1-2 years down the road in FB is a lot easier to manage than BB.

Building depth and redshirts is more critical in FB than in BB.

I’m sure by now most head coaches have to set aside between 5 to 10 scholarships at the end of each season and the end of spring training for transfers.

Once CWF implements his offense and knows the personnel, then he can cut down on the transfer scholarship allocations by 2026.

I would hate to become transfer U but given the situation with a new head coach, Fritz has to do what he has to do.

Good thing there is more local high school talent to choose from compared to Tulane.

1 Like

I’m to the point now where I will wait until about a week or 2 before our first game to really care much about the roster. That way all the coming and going will be done. Coaches are paid the big $ to deal with all the rollercoaster stuff in between. Why get all hype about a great WR catch one day and 3 days later he hits the portal, for example.

1 Like