Alabama Transfer- Eyabi Anoma

Not sure how I feel about this guy. For a five-star recruit football player to get expelled from Alabama, I mean, damn, I shudder to think what he must have done. What WOULDN’T they excuse/cover up? It’s great that he’s talented, but… a five-star from Baltimore who signed up to play for the annual national champs and gets expelled? That doesn’t exactly scream, “This guy is going to fit right in and love it at UH!” I hope everyone’s clear on what they’re in for with this move.

2 Likes

We need to get more insight as to why he was dismissed from school before passing judgement. Maybe he comes in with a short leash and never amounts to anything or maybe he comes in with a clean slate and he’s a huge pick up. That’s CDH job to figure out. Where UH is at vs where UH wants to be means you can’t pass up the tremendous potential talent he has unless it’s something glaringly obvious and negative that would hurt the product on the field and the team as a whole.

2 Likes

Gocoogs is sourcing the story, they have been correct in the past. Al.com is using them as the source. 247 is using Al.com as the source. So a college message board/opinion writing site is the only people with claimed sources. My wife’s sister’s husband’s uncle had a roommate that lived next door to the recruit.

2 Likes

We are getting a stud defensive player. It is not my job to figure out what or why so I am happy.
Heck of a talent.

6 Likes

Word around the Alabama program, at least from their message boards, is that he stopped attending classes at Alabama which is the reason for the University suspension. However, it’s a huge surprise that he’s heading to Houston as everyone thought he’d follow former Alabama LB coach, now Maryland Head Coach, Mike Locksley to Maryland. For what ever reason, it didn’t happen…Maryland fans are saying it’s because admin aren’t allowing it.

Supposedly, he wasn’t very happy at Alabama. He’s only been playing football for a few years as well and is a freakish athlete, but his technique is almost non-existent since he doesn’t have much experience. He tried to transfer out in February, coaches convinced him to stay through the Spring, but he still wasn’t happy afterwards and decided to leave.

No idea how much is true, but I trust our coaching staff and our admin if they allow him into UH. We’ve had guys come here in the past with problems at other schools and they’ve worked out well (Basketball - Dotson and Pollard come to mind recently.

5 Likes

As much as football is religion in AL, there’s plenty of people who would have put stuff out there if it was heinous.

A couple summers ago they signed a JC lineman who had been kicked out of UGA previously for domestic violence or a similar charge and within months of arriving at Bama was kicked off for the same charge. It was a pretty bad ‘egg’ on Saban’s face and wasn’t covered up, despite the demigod status he and his program enjoy in that state.

2 Likes

From what everyone has been reporting he skipped class. everyone is reporting it’s the skipping classes thing because it’s a university issue and not a team issue so yeah

During CBY’s reign we had an All American running back. One of the best I ever saw. But he just didn’t want to attend class. So CBY assiigned an assistant coach to walk Paul Gipson to class every day to be sure he attended. Don’t remember the name of the asst.coach but maybe someone does.

Gibson was the best running back I ever saw at UH…Newhouse a close second.

2 Likes

I get that this is a satire twitter handle but I don’t really get the joke. How is this funny? Can someone explain this to me

I don’t understand how that’s not libel. There’s not enough in a twitter feed to demonstrate parody in terms of quoting a real person.

Apparently he was recruited heavily by CDH when he was at WVU and they know each other. Also, in a Tweet he claims he was offered a new car by Bammy supporter if he would stay. His tweet said that he owned a car already, one that he had purchased. Lots of stuff flying here. I guess we won’t have details until there’s a confirmation that he’s actually enrolled at UH.

Keep up, the twitter quote is a fake

https://mobile.twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/1158446374377197569

2 Likes

Repeating an unsubstantiated rumor about one of our student-athletes is super irresponsible man.

2 Likes

Fixed

1 Like

This is exactly why that twitter account needs to be ignored. People believe the fake news they read.

2 Likes

Is it premature to say CDH is building a powerhouse? Maybe we should wait for the win/lost stats.

2 Likes

Yeah, just because it didn’t work out over at Alabama doesn’t mean it won’t here! Sometimes for a less-experienced player, such as Anoma, it is better for him to go to a less notable football program such as our school than Alabama simply because he is surrounded by coaches who are more patient to teach him techniques and more willing to help him improve. At Alabama, a player like him is just another guy, it is not that big of a deal whether he stays or not! He is replaceable to them!

They have too many great players for the coaches to go out of their way to give him special attention and extra time to improve his skills. Plus, over here his chances of being a starter is much greater as well!

If I’m a high school football player who started the game late and isn’t very skilled and isn’t a bonafide 5* coming out of high school, there is no way in hell I would choose a school like Alabama! My main concern would be getting playing time and getting a chance to be the starter so that I could show NFL teams my highlights! Hard to do that when you have to compete against a bunch of 5* players that are more skilled and experienced than you are! Plus, I truly believe a player gets more chances to improve his skills in a school at UH’s level versus a school at Alabama’s level. At Alabama everybody treats you like you should have all of the fundamentals together already in order to be accepted at school in the first place!

3 Likes

I know it’s fake, usually satire is for comedy purposes. I want to know what the joke is…