Alternate Unis for Tulane

Ehh. Even the blue bloods due alternate uniforms. Don’t see what’s the big deal. It seems to really hurt feelings around here.

I’m happy to have white numbers you can read from the stands.

1 Like

Then a BLACKOUT it shall be.

1 Like

Absolutely cool jersey ! I love the script “Cougars”.

2 Likes

As long as it’s not perceived that it’s a Texas Tech rip off. I’m a traditionalist for colors (Scarlet and White), but as long as the navy blue accent was dropped (WET COOG horrors), I’m reasonably okay with this. Black is a tertiary brand color, but we need to get rid of that orange coloring BS.

This seems like the perfect uniform to put “Coogs” in black on the helmet, but
I like it.

2 Likes

Is this alternate uniform for Halloween or not?
It’s not?
Then let’s have unis from our independent days. We have throwback unis? Are they really throwback?

The past few years they have done 2 alt. Each year. A black out jersey (typically on Halloween) and a throwback jersey on homecoming. Well our halloween game this year is our homecoming game. And this is our only home game before halloween besides that one. So they will probably do blackout here, and throwback on the 29th vs USF

2 Likes

I checked the calendar, Halloween is scheduled for October 31st. The jerseys will be worn September 30th.

2 Likes

Are the black jersey for Halloween?
I asked. I was told yes.
Why would we wear black then?
To intimidate people.
Explain us why.

Chris, it helps get the kids excited and everything seems geared for the kids. That’s the only reason I could think of.

1 Like

I take your word for it. Somebody mentioned that it was for Halloween.

1 Like

I like it just needs more red and less white. This looks like a Tech uniform even with the white helmet.

This will help distract from the poor play and worse coaching.

The complaint has always been that the red letters and numbers are hard to read on the black jerseys.

4 Likes

Primarily, because the red numbers were not outlined so as to make a line on high contrast.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/uhcougarfb/status/1575911845390536704?s=46&t=9QbLIXfjghuwcjV5qyw8IA https://twitter.com/uhcougarfb/status/1575911845390536704?s=46&t=9QbLIXfjghuwcjV5qyw8IA

I know some were asking for the box logo instead of the script. Looks like they obliged.

An improvement, to be sure. Weird how they did it though.

This kid’s a genius. They didn’t completely follow his flow (I think he said black outline only), but they know a trendsetter when they hear one.

4 Likes

UH athletic department is on coogfans confirmed?

3 Likes