Alternate Unis for Tulane

https://www.instagram.com/p/CjEW8sYsJYD/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

These may be the best blackout Jerseys we’ve had since we started doing it. Anyone know if they plan to auction these off like they have in the past?

9 Likes

I do not know but I like the cougars script. I wish we would market the small Cougar paw more. I saw some apparel and hats at the game but they were too big. I like the one Holgorsen wears. I keep wondering why we aren’t marketing that.

1 Like

From Saturday night live fame:

It is better to look good then to play good!

2 Likes

These are the coolest jerseys I’ve seen our guys since I started watching the coogs in ‘98.
I like black a lot.

5 Likes

Hmm. Why not UH on the helmet? I wish we’d use the “Coogs” wording more often. Its uniquely us. Still, not bad looking. Ric Flair would approve. Wooooooooo!!

6 Likes

Love ‘em! Glad they got rid of the red lettering and numbers. These will be easy to read.

3 Likes

Best unis since…….wait for it……Yeoman.

4 Likes

I talked about this in the other thread, but I like these a lot. Very solid design. I have a few nits to pick, and I don’t think they beat the 2013 Halloween/Black Friday jerseys, but they’re still darn good.

1 Like

Love these. :fire: Of course, this is coogfans, so must offer suggestion. White helmet should have uh logo as black outline only…. Like white logo with black outline on white helmet.

Or I do like that suggestion of “Coogs” in black script.

1 Like

I’ll be there stick in the mud. Meh.

I’m not in love with the script “Cougars”. It’s generic, could be BYU or could be the local high school.

However, I could buy into a script “Coogs”. There’s no other Coogs I know of, it’s unique to the University of Houston.

But regardless of what they wear, I’ll be there Friday night yelling my head off for my Coogs. I’ll be in RED though. :grin:

3 Likes

The fact that there is no red in the helmets makes no sense. It doesn’t match that there is red in the uniform. Whoever does our uniforms is freaking bizarre. This is basic stuff, and they have done this crap before. How hard is it to match the helmet colors to the uniform???

1 Like

COOGS!! That’s unique to us!!

GO COOGS!!

1 Like

All red uniform…

• Helmets have “COOGS”
  • Jerseys have “HOUSTON”

All white uniform

• Helmets have “HOUSTON”
  • Jerseys have “COOGS”

Only one university that uses COOGS, but multiple universities that use Cougars…

2 Likes

The jersey should alway have HOUSTON across the chest.

2 Likes

I don’t care what they wear. I want a WINNING Jersey.

5 Likes

Majin for the win.

1 Like

You really just hate on anything UH football related :joy: come on man

8 Likes

Are these for Halloween?

First off, I’m a fan of the traditional Houston on the chest, and very simple minimalist looks.

Having said that, I see the writing on the wall and the necessity to play with uniform combos, so there is no sense in me caring or complaining. Mama taught me not to sweep the tide back with a broom.

However, I will say, if we have to go black, then fine. My preference is there to be no scarlet anywhere in the uniform or helmet. Just let the black take the place of the scarlet, as it has taken the place of the albino white in past versions of “black out”. It would be like an alternative rather than an addition of a 3rd color. I think black and albino done the right way could have a very sinister, and clean look.

So, have fun with the unis if that is the lay of the land and makes kids happy. Leave black, red and white to Tech and UC. Its theirs. Why confuse it?

2 Likes

Nope have to wear black shirt or no admittance :kissing_heart: