American Athletic Conference Offseason Breakdown

4 Likes

I feel like with the portal I have to wait halfway through the summer to see what the rosters will look like.
I really think Tulane has a chance to compete for the 2nd spot.
Temple is my surprise team if they are healthy.
Cincinnati is another team who can make a jump.
I am not as sold on Memphis as some others, especially being that they rely so much on playing deep and athletic on defense defending full court. It usually takes them until conference to get rolling due to their roster turnover and this season they are doing it without a the star talent or veteran presence.

Jarace is getting some early respect being pre season all conference.

Don’t like that they put Davis as POY being that that was Sassers to give last season had he not gotten hurt.

3 Likes

As long as Hardaway’s is there coach, I expect them to underachieve overall, every year. They’ll still be dangerous when the play UH, but overall a disappointment.

1 Like

Well it’s only for one more season and UH is gonzo from the minor leagues!!!

Unless we see them in the Ncaa Tourney in the future.

It could happen if they they were to win their 8/9 seed opening round game…. We could play them in the second round….theoretically.

Probably would be later (assuming this is Memphis we are talking about)…

• Teams from the same conference shall not meet before the regional final if they played each other three or more times during the regular season, to include the conference tournament.
  • Teams from the same conference shall not meet before the regional semifinals if they played each other twice during the regular season, to include the conference tournament.
  • Teams from the same conference may play each other as early as the second round if they played no more than once during the regular season, to include the conference tournament.

I was just being a smart a:; , in that we would be a #1 seed and Memphis a 9 seed.

But yes, you are correct…… even that could not happen in the second round.

1 Like

My SA detector was off :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wouldnt surprise me at all if tulane sneaks in the tourney.