An INCREDIBLE NCAA men’s basketball statistic!

2 Likes

15 Likes

I mean…the overwhelming bulk of schools are east of I-35. The only high-major conference that does business to the West of that line is the Pac-12, compared to five such conferences on the other side. This isn’t really that surprising.

2 Likes

We will see if this holds with us in bad shape due to injuries, UConn and Purdue are front runners

1 Like

This only illustrates just how and why a) the PAC was the weakest of the “high major” conferences in recent years, AND b) why it was the first to collapse.

They have a greater than a quarter center national title gap in basketball, and couldn’t qualify a football team for the playoffs from 2015 until just this year.

It wasn’t the first to collapse, though; the Big East was, and they had four different teams win a National Championship in this span.

Well, in that case, I guess I should have qualified that by saying it was the first of the “Power Five” conferences to collapse.

And that’s a pretty good indication as to why and how.

But following your logic, the SWC was the first “high major” conference to collapse, not the Big East!

So I have Purdue vs UConn in the Natty. UH lack of depth will hurt us in our elite 8 game (if we are fortunate enough to get there). Unless our guard shooting gets hot and stays hot then we will have some limitations.

ISU can beat UCONN, look for Kentucky to make a run.

1 Like

Only 20% of the entire population of the United States lives west of that line.

5 Likes

Somehow that 20% used to produce a lot more basketball champions though.

Just ask UCLA!!!

That’s because the majority of that 20% lives in SoCal or NoCal

And now they apparently suck too!

Go west young man

BTW, Texas has the most teams going to the Dance with 6. Too bad none of the the smaller schools won their tournament for the auto bid. I was rooting for TSU and HBU!

Crystal ball not working ? ? ? ? ? LOL

3 Likes

Move that line to the Mississippi River and it changes quite a bit.

might be just my HS era nostalgia of Pac10 ball but 1995 UCLA with the OBannon bros and that stacked 1997 Arizona club were two of the most memorable '90s champs. They’re still both currently viewed as blue bloods ,yea?

Kentucky is making a run…to the porta-potty

1 Like

If you can’t play D you aren’t making a run.