ANOTHER BOOM! TSU HBCU all American CB

I seem to remember a transfer from MEAC Morgan State who turned out as a great get for us. Fire in the belly!

6 Likes

Keep ‘em coming!

Hope we can get the #JackBoyz tradition, that Adrian McDonald started here, going again.

4 Likes

I’d say no, but the thing about Marcus Jones (and I didn’t really believe it when CDH said it because I thought it was just coach speak) is that he is/was a Generational Talent.

I mean, just look at what kind of an impact he had (in multiple positions) his Rookie Season with the Patriots, even in a season where the Pats suck. At times, Marcus Jones WAS their offense, not to mention the impact he had here at UH.

5 Likes

that’s what going to get the portal looked at long term in the future - teams spend time molding and developing players only to see them leave but there’s nothing in return

They need to institute the trading system lol - if a FCS star leaves - send a guy who won’t play the team wants in return lol

I love getting kids that really wanted to play for UH before even being recruited.

3 Likes

If a player leaves an FCS program, the trade off is, that program can now get an FBS player since a lot of them will not get picked up by another FBS program.

2 Likes

TMI

1 Like

Grabbing all-American, all-conference CBs seems to be a pretty good thing so I’m excited about this one.

3 Likes

but the difference is your getting a productive FCS player that has been developed and normally the FBS player didn’t live up to the hype and has no stats to show for it, etc.

it’s a gamble either way

A picture of Berman’s tweet about Isaiah Hamilton so everyone could see without having to click anything

16 Likes

That’s awesome.

1 Like

Already one of my favorite players. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wonder if he started out as a receiver.

Hopefully new favorite player.

You never know. Wouldn’t surprise me if he did.