Another Report Indicates Big 12 in 'Serious' Talks with PAC-12 Schools

9 Likes

All of that makes sense…… there was no way The Athletic and CBS sports were both confirming something was happening but according to PAC brass there was nada?

PAC grasping at straws trying to stay alive…… I don’t think writers from the Athletic or Dodds like being called a liar.

2 Likes

Lots of eye-twitching going on.

6 Likes

I was thinking that yesterday. Dodd is a weasel but he’s smart enough to protect CBS. He’s going to revel in the PAC demise.

2 Likes

It’s the usual

Out loud: “We are proud members of the PAC12”

Inside voice: “Until we can make one penny more somewhere else”

4 Likes

I just don’t understand why the four schools would take a chance on the PAC

Clemson, FSU, and UNC are going to leave no matter what. “The alliance” was already a failure when USC/UCLA left. Unless there is a written agreement where the top ACC specifically state they won’t leave for the Power 2, I just don’t see how the PAC could trust the ACC. The PAC is so desperate that they will risk the top ACC teams bolting?

Dumb decision if you ask me. The 6 PAC teams need to join the Big 12 and help solidify the conference in being a top 3 conference instead of banking on the PAC and ACC staying together

3 Likes

My odds:

50% chance nobody moves between the two conferences
30% chance Big 12 prevails
15% chance Pac-12 prevails
5% Armageddon

I’m probably low balling that last one

1 Like

There’s no better motivator than long-term survival. Over the course of 35 years no one can attest to this more than us. If you’re dabbling with ten million here and there and not looking over the horizon I have a story to tell you.

1 Like

Sometimes when it matters most it’s a pretty fierce competition between survival instinct and pride. And survival instinct only wins out after it’s too late.

1 Like