Anybody Watching NC v Duke

This is depressing. Duke was unimpressive to me in our loss and NC is just beating them! If we hadn’t lost Shead we’d be rolling through this game.
#GoCoogs!

5 Likes

It wasnt a real win from Duke. They have the lowest championship odds and its showing.

Plus all of the talking heads and social media have all said that we wouldnt have lost if Shead didn’t get hurt.

8 Likes

True.

No, I wouldn’t root for either team against a team of prison inmates.

1 Like

Nope. Basketball season is over for me. I’m in football mode now. And maybe the Astros, if they are bandwagon worthy.

1 Like

Duke had the easiest path to the final four and blew it. Further proof they got lucky against us.

2 Likes

NCst just threw a 20-minute party at Duke’s expense.
Satisfying in a depressing kind of way

2 Likes

Duke is done.

1 Like

On and off… but it does make me sick to my stomach, I know we beat NC State.

5 Likes

Blowing out Duke on Friday and pulling off a tense win to avenge 1983 and stamp another final four would have been cinema :broken_heart::v:

8 Likes

This is just as depressing as the 2018 Michigan loss. UH beats them and I guarantee we make a deep run. Just look at who Michigan played to get to the championship game that year…

1 Like

Devils do not win on Easter Sunday

4 Likes

UH with Shead beats either of those teams by 12-15 points 9 games out of 10.

10 Likes

Dukes big man, Filipowski, finally got a call for lowering his shoulder and fouling an opponent. He got away with it several times against us, and we were charged with the foul. Also, on another subject, has anyone watched a reply of Shead’s injury? For some reason, I mentally see someone reach out and pull on his left arm immediately prior to his stepping onto his right foot and twisting his ankle. I’ll try to watch a replay tonight and watch closely. I may be getting confused with another play, but this sticks for some reason.

2 Likes

It was Hunter Dickinson that pulled him

1 Like

What do these final 4 teams have in common? They all have big men.

IMO, that “pull” was a major contributing factor to Shead’s injury . . . . . totally freak injury due to effort on both sides . . . . .

Damn near won it with our bench.

1 Like

I didn’t care for the way that guy played. As big as he is, it shows character weakness.

1 Like

I did see that. It appears he is using his head laid into the chest but the shoulder was definitely leading in there. What I remember is it is just as he is letting go of the ball. Maybe he is using the diversion as officials look form hand swatting and such.

1 Like